Motivation slipping. :(

Options
So, in short I lost all my baby weight and I still want to be active and feel good, but lately I've really had a hard time working out and I am beginning to start to feel gross. I fee like I'm slipping back and losing some motivation. I'm not sure how to fix it right now though...

So, I usually run, and I go to yoga once or twice a week. Plus I have been lifting weights for about 9 months now. But, it's cold and snowy right now plus a lot of my running is/was with the running stroller now and it's just too cold for the little one (even with the weather shield). So the running is much reduced. And I've been lifting weights via the Chalene Extreme series, a beach body product in the same vein as P90X, but I've done it three times through now and to be honest I'm getting kinda bored. It's a great program! But you know, 3 times... So I'm kinda losing some of my motivation right now. And there's been lots of candy and cookies and sweets around since like mid November... And when I finally lost all the weight I was still working out fine and the weather hadn't changed etc, so I stopped tracking my food... So now I'm out of that habit.

Soooo.... Here I sit. And I feel gross and I'm not sure what I should do. Guess i should go look in to doing P90x, but I don't really "feel it" right now... And everything I eat makes me feel worse. And I made the poor choice of getting chocolate covered almonds when I was at Trader Joes this weekend, so I've eaten most of those. Ugh. :( Anyone got any motivation to spare? Or an idea of how to get over this slump?

Replies

• DorisR184
    DorisR184 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    First, congrats on what you've accomplished! Whenever I feel like I'm losing my motivation, I dig up some of my before pictures and carry them with me. That helps me remember how far I've come, how long it took me to get to where I am now, and how much I don't want to look like the old me anymore :wink:
  • Tcarreen
    Options
    Well congrats on coming back! I'm a newby but I feel this this will work! I have made my before pics..ugh. Keep them on the frig and in your pocket for those weak moments. Find a friend you can be with every day that has a weightloss goal. With your experience yoou can be a mentor to that person and therefor this will put you back into that mode for yourself. Hope this helps! Good luck.:wink: