Lost/Losing Wt., NOW Getting HEALTHY!

Options
EDesq
EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
I have lost over 100 in the las t2 years by MAINLY eating less calories. Believe Me that made Me feel better physically and helped some of the medical markers get normalized. SO, a few weeks ago I experienced some severe arthritis pain, I have arthritis in both hips from years of running. I said, this is NOT right...so I began to search; and I found the "Anti-Inflammatory Diet." I already use a form of South Beach...so I combined them. Example: Dumped ALL Night Shade Veggies (Tomatoes, Potatoes, Eggplants, Green Peppers), I was an AVID tomato eater; I dumped ALL wheat flour and Gluten...WHEAT FLOUR is a super inflammatory, the ALLERGIES that people have to this stuff is amazing, and the SWELLING it causes! I also Dumped Pork and Beef; Increased My Olive Oil intake; reduced Dairy intake; Increased eating Beans...your Body must adjust to eating Beans and suggest "Mashing" most of them before eating to aid digestion; increased oatmeal intake.

It is amazing the GREAT NO-Flour/Gluten Items on the market and the GREAT Recipes. Rice Noodles, No Flour Cookies, snaking on Rice Chips/Natural Corn Chips, bean dip or guacamole, Nuts or My own Trail Mix. I look at My feet and hands and am AMAZED that there is no swelling, how great I feel and just by eating this way I am losing Even MORE weight!

I NOW know that losing weight is ONE Thing (AND Is VERY Important) BUT once You have wt loss under control...GET HEALTHY. Weight Loss is about How Much You Eat (Quantity.) REDUCE the ACID INTAKE! HEALTHY is about WHAT YOU Eat (QUALITY)!!!

SOOOO, Get on with it, UNCLOG some Arteries, Reverse some Arthritis, Lower some Bad Cholesterol...!!!