Discover what's new & improved in the MyFitnessPal app!
We’re dedicated to helping you achieve your health and nutrition goals. And our newest features and updates? They do just that. Learn how we're making tracking your progress easier, faster, and more motivating than ever.

Treadmills

Options
12by311
12by311 Posts: 1,716 Member
Hubby and I are wanting to get a treadmill for running. There is a used Proform C 525 Treadmill with ProTech X2 cushioning, that I am supposed to go look at tomorrow for a pretty good price. However, reading reviews online it says this is not really a runners treadmill.

Anyone know anything about it?

Replies

• 12by311
    Options
    Hubby and I are wanting to get a treadmill for running. There is a used Proform C 525 Treadmill with ProTech X2 cushioning, that I am supposed to go look at tomorrow for a pretty good price. However, reading reviews online it says this is not really a runners treadmill.

• Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options

Be careful-- they're dangerous--
    funny-strange-people-1.gif

:laugh: :wink:
  • Love_Conquers_All
    Options

Be careful-- they're dangerous--
    funny-strange-people-1.gif

:laugh: :wink:
    Oh Marla.. how did I know to find you in a treadmill thread?:huh: :laugh: :tongue:
  • Marla64
    Options
    Old habits die hard-- I love this clip-- it kills me every time. :laugh:
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    1 in 5 people at 5am fall off the treadmill at the gym I used to go to..no its not funny but it took a lot in me to see the same people falling everyday...Im like switch the the stairclimber already dude!:huh:
  • chickadee10
    chickadee10 Posts: 350
    Options
    I haven't heard of it. I have a Cadence treadmill. It's good but I haven't ran on it.
  • 12by311
    Options
    Gosh! 4 replies and NO help! heheh...just kiddin.

Funny clip. Hopefully that will NOT be me...I am not a very good treadmill runner. I am outdoor runner. I've found that I have to really concentrate running in a fairly straight line. haha
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    I think if you are both serious about running on it you might want to get a good one. I have a nordic track that I run on but I'm the only one that uses it and it's held up well. DH did try to use it but it caused to much vibration and things in the house were falling.

Marla, I live in fear of that clip! When I move mine to the basement I think I'll make sure we don't put it up against the wall:laugh:
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Oh man, that EXACT same thing happened to my dad. He thought he'd be funny and jump on with my sister and he ate it big time!!! :laugh:

Sorry.....no help on the treadmill. :bigsmile:
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    Don't close your eyes when on the treadmill. I was in the zone, closed my eyes and next thing I know I was on the floor.

I have the Proform XP 620. I jog some but mostly walk. The tread will slide some if you don't get your 'foot falls' right on an incline but I figure that is my problem not the treadmills fault. I really don't have any problems with it.
  • 12by311
    Options
    Keiko, We are putting ours in our basement as well, so I'll think I'll follow your lead and not put in against the wall. haha. I guess I should have specified, he is going to help me purchase it, not really use it. Unless he completely surprises me and starts running. haha!

Ivykivy, I know what you mean. I have closed my eyes, but I've looked upward slightly and almost wiped out. Luckily, I have somewhat quick reflexes! :blushing:
  • keiko
    Options
    Another hint is make sure your ceilings are high enough. After we put ours down there I will be definately be the only person on it.
    If it's just you using it you'll probably be fine with it. I've had mine for about 5 years now and haven't had any problems with it.
    I really like having it in the winter when I can't/won't go outside.
  • Marla64
    Options
    meetgeorgejetson.bmp

They're great for pet exercise, too--

(you think I'm kidding, my hubby used to put our husky on ours, and killed it-- the treadmill, that is)
  • keiko
    Options
    meetgeorgejetson.bmp

(you think I'm kidding, my hubby used to put our husky on ours, and killed it-- the treadmill, that is)

This is interesting for me because I've thought about putting mine on it. She does not get enough exercise in the winter and always gains extra weight.
    Did he have to train it? Did the dog go on it alone? I've seen where they use them for show dogs. I'm not sure mine is bright enough to figure it out. I might have to try it next winter.
  • Marla64
    Options
    meetgeorgejetson.bmp

This is interesting for me because I've thought about putting mine on it. She does not get enough exercise in the winter and always gains extra weight.
    Did he have to train it? Did the dog go on it alone? I've seen where they use them for show dogs. I'm not sure mine is bright enough to figure it out. I might have to try it next winter.

He leashed him to the treadmill and started it slowly, then increased the speed as Bandit got used to it. He's a big dog and kept wanting to veer to the left, so he ruined the belt and killed the treadmill.

Bandit is dumb as they come-- if he can do it, any dog can.

Bandit.jpg
  • sassyredgirl
    sassyredgirl Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    wow he might be dumb but what a beautiful dog..:heart:
  • kimss
    kimss Posts: 1,146
    Options
    I just got my new treadmill proform 580 xp and we love it. got it at sears outlet for a good price, about 500.00$but we live in southern Cal and everything is expensive here. But one thing to look for in your new treadmill is the width and length of the running surface/belt. ours is 20, but lots of them that we looked at were everywhere from 15 and 18 long. they are not long enough to run on. and all treadmills are not equal. get on it and go and see if the belt is smooth feeling and how loud it sounds. we tried many different ones and looked on the internet to compare, but nothing is more revealing than getting on it and walking/running. good luck, I love mine everyday.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I was just going to say, make sure you actually try it out before buying it. I waited for the right deal on my elliptical machine and went on 20 different machines before I bought one.

We have a place called " Play it Again Sports" and it was a steal!!

Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • kimss
    kimss Posts: 1,146
    Options
    I looked there too. they have good deals, but the Sear's store had a better quality of machine for the same price. But, I would definitely go to Play it again sports to find good equipment.
  • 12by311
    Options
    The treadmill was a great deal! We got it for less than they were asking too. It's hardly been used at all. I did got for a quick run at the person's house to check it out...haha...Got it home, set it up and did a nice 2 miles tonight! I'm so very excited.

Thanks for all your replies!