One Year MFP Anniversary! I did it!

Options
AJCM
AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
Hi MFP Friends,

This week marks the one year anniversary of my starting MFP and my losing my 32 lbs of "baby" weight! :smile: :tongue:

I've lost 32 lbs doing this program (my original goal was 30 lbs), and it could not have been easier (and I was someone who thought I could never lose it!). Had I not started this, the year would still have passed, and I would still be overweight.

Losing it was easier than I thought it would be - I made healthy choices, but still ate all the foods I loved in small portions. I started every day with some type of exercise, from 20 minutes to 80 minutes, depending on what my kids wake up time would allow me to get in! For me, the biggest piece of the puzzle was making the connection between eating and WHY I was eating - was it hunger, or something else? I also had to embrace hunger pangs at night, and now I actually like the feeling in the evenings, because I know I'm moving in the right direction.

I lost the first 25 lbs in 3 months, then hit a serious plateau, and have slowly chipped away at the last 7 lbs over 9 months (plus I gained a couple at Christmas, and lost those quickly in January).

My advice to those starting out or those that feel they can't do it (because that was me for almost a year before I found MFP)...

- It CAN be done!
- Just put one foot in front of the other, stick to the plan, and it WILL happen.
- Set a goal, and even mini goals, and by reviewing them, and making a plan to achieve them, it will happen.
- Embrace the feeling of light hunger pangs - they mean success!

Good luck to everyone out there, and thank you for all the support over the last year!
:flowerforyou:

Replies

• AJCM
    Options
    Hi MFP Friends,

This week marks the one year anniversary of my starting MFP and my losing my 32 lbs of "baby" weight! :smile: :tongue:

I've lost 32 lbs doing this program (my original goal was 30 lbs), and it could not have been easier (and I was someone who thought I could never lose it!). Had I not started this, the year would still have passed, and I would still be overweight.

Losing it was easier than I thought it would be - I made healthy choices, but still ate all the foods I loved in small portions. I started every day with some type of exercise, from 20 minutes to 80 minutes, depending on what my kids wake up time would allow me to get in! For me, the biggest piece of the puzzle was making the connection between eating and WHY I was eating - was it hunger, or something else? I also had to embrace hunger pangs at night, and now I actually like the feeling in the evenings, because I know I'm moving in the right direction.

I lost the first 25 lbs in 3 months, then hit a serious plateau, and have slowly chipped away at the last 7 lbs over 9 months (plus I gained a couple at Christmas, and lost those quickly in January).

My advice to those starting out or those that feel they can't do it (because that was me for almost a year before I found MFP)...

- It CAN be done!
    - Just put one foot in front of the other, stick to the plan, and it WILL happen.
    - Set a goal, and even mini goals, and by reviewing them, and making a plan to achieve them, it will happen.
    - Embrace the feeling of light hunger pangs - they mean success!

Good luck to everyone out there, and thank you for all the support over the last year!
  • cheermom11
    cheermom11 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! :flowerforyou:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Amanda!! That is great! I am so happy for you and very proud of you!!

How have you been??? :flowerforyou:

:heart:
    -Tami
  • AJCM
    Options

-Tami

Hey! THANKS! I just realized tonight as I prepared for March break that this is my one year anniversary!

I've been great - had a little heart scare on a trip to California (racing heart but my doc thinks it was the alcohol and caffeine that day), but otherwise good!

How are you feeling? Growing belly? You like you are staying slim whilst with child!
    Hope all is well my friend!
  • AJCM
    Options
    Congratulations!! :flowerforyou:

THANKS Cheermom! Looks like you are doing great yourself!
  • swiftyoung
    swiftyoung Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Congrats and have a great March break!!!
  • chickadee10
    chickadee10 Posts: 350
    Options
    Congratulations! :drinker:
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your weight loss and your 1 year anniversary with MFP! :flowerforyou:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options

-Tami

Hey! THANKS! I just realized tonight as I prepared for March break that this is my one year anniversary!

I've been great - had a little heart scare on a trip to California (racing heart but my doc thinks it was the alcohol and caffeine that day), but otherwise good!

How are you feeling? Growing belly? You like you are staying slim whilst with child!
    Hope all is well my friend!
    Wow! Glad your heart issue doesn't seem to be anything serious. I hope it stays that way!! And I know your success on here inspires many. You rock!

And yes, things are great with me. Staying healthy and active during this pregnancy so far. I am a little over 14 weeks now (so into the 2nd trimester and feeling more energy! Phew!lol!) Thanks! And hope all is well with you and your family. :flowerforyou:
  • Redneckwoman
    Redneckwoman Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    WOW!!!!!!!!! You are an inspreation for all of us just starting out. You go Girl!!!!!!:love:
  • nwfamilygal
    nwfamilygal Posts: 635
    Options
    Thank you for sharing :drinker: You are an inspreation to me :flowerforyou:
  • AJCM
    Options
    Thanks ladies! It feels great to have met my goal, and I know we will ALL meet our goals with great success! Lets keep at it!
  • cloverluv
    cloverluv Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    To great success!!!:drinker:
  • indianagranny
    Options
    Congratulations! WTG!! You are definitely an inspiration!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • tjones7
    tjones7 Posts: 306
    Options
    Congratulations!!!!

Reading your post helped me. Keep up the good work.
  • rachel41
    rachel41 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    congrats!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!

I also want to thank you for this post. I am taking forever to lose since I hit 25 pounds. I still need a minimum of 3 pounds to be in healthy range(argh it is taking forEVer!), and 10 to look FABulous:wink:

It is slow and I feel like it is never going to happen. Now after reading your post I am encouraged again and really sorry I ate those cupcakes:blushing: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Enjoy summer with bikinis and flip flops! You look great!!

:flowerforyou: Jeannie
  • ladyofivy
    ladyofivy Posts: 648
    Options
    That is amazing! Congratulations and thanks for sharing your story. :smile: I hope in one year I'll be saying the very same thing. (Well, I HOPE in less than a year, but... haha)

Way to go!
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    congratulations and good advice:smile:

as so many that have done it say...slow and steady will do it and you proved it

I like the "embrace the feeling....."
    congrats:smile:
  • AJCM
    Options
    Thanks for the kind words.

Dave - I love it too - "embrace the hunger" - that changed everything for me!

We will ALL meet our goals! We just have to keep at it - thank you to all of you for inspiring me with your losses!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!