Freaking out over tonights weigh in

Options
I started my second weight loss challenge last Monday night. I lost a little over 12 pounds in the first one which I was happy about since it was over 3 major holidays. I never felt the stress or nervousness that I am today. The last challenge I started, I knew some of the people that were in it also but this time I have a few closer friends that have joined along with me. There is a sum of money that goes to the "Biggest Loser" and last time I was in the challenge that never was an important factor to me and I don't think it's a factor this time either. Yesterday my husband told me that he didn't care if I won the challenge or not but he wanted me to "beat" a friend of ours in total % of weight lost. It's become a "challenge" between our husbands and not us. Now I feel like I'm not doing it for me anymore and even though I know he wasn't serious I still feel a pressure that I didn't in the first challenge.

How can I make my mind forget what was said and just try to have fun with this challenge the same way I did in the first one?

Replies

• taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Challenges come and go. A healthy lifestyle is forever.
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    I'd say forget about it and focus on what you want to do to lose weight and get healthy. You only have control over yourself and how you get healthy--not what the other person does. Assuming that you've been eating healthy and working out, keep doing that, and you will be the best YOU that you can be.

Edited to add: the Biggest Loser challenges don't seem to take into account measurements/inches lost--that's a really good way of judging your progress, because the scale isn't always accurate!