Need motivation

Hiya everyone,

I was just wondering on everyone's second week how well did they do? I have only lost a pound this week am very gutted. The only thing I did different last week was work out five times instead of seven. Any suggestions to help get a better loss? Thanks

Replies

• Traci_33
    Traci_33 Posts: 21 Member
    I have not hit my wall yet, but I have read about some people increasing their calorie intake and that helps them lose more. That's what I plan on doing when it comes to it
  • NewCyn
    NewCyn Posts: 153 Member
    Week two was half as much as week one for me. Your body is making adjustments. Just take it day by day and know that any loss is a good thing!!! Make sure you are staying close to your calorie goal. If you are not eating enough it can slow you down as well. Its like a science experiment to find a the right balance. Just keep moving forward and stay motivated. YOU CAN DO THIS!!!
  • GoldSag1
    GoldSag1 Posts: 122 Member
    PATIENCE! :o) Watch your sodium and continue to workout 5-6 days a week(but listen to your body) and get no less than 64oz of water in daily. Please don't get discouraged. You can do this. It will not a be a quick fix or without it's emotions, but stay the course.
  • Thank you so much for your kind words, I know i want this so bad but just disappointed with this weeks loss. My calorie limit is 1490 and I am usually achieving about 1200.
  • emmaruns
    emmaruns Posts: 189 Member
    I lost 5 my first week, then 3 came back on overnight in the second (girl stuff). It stunk "relosing" those pounds, but I know that mathematically it is impossible not to lose weight. 3.6 came off overnight about a week later. It's cool to look back and see that my "trend" is down. Hang in there!
  • I have not hit my wall yet, but I have read about some people increasing their calorie intake and that helps them lose more. That's what I plan on doing when it comes to it

Thanks for your advice will keep that in mind and hopefully get some more pounds off. Feel free to add me have not got any friends on here yet

Alex
  • I lost 5 my first week, then 3 came back on overnight in the second (girl stuff). It stunk "relosing" those pounds, but I know that mathematically it is impossible not to lose weight. 3.6 came off overnight about a week later. It's cool to look back and see that my "trend" is down. Hang in there!

Thanks very much, I am on my girl stuff week so will keep that in mind I may not have a big loss next week either. Feel free to add me nice to speak to others going through the same lifestyle change as me.

Alex
  • SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,249 Member
    PATIENCE! :o) Watch your sodium and continue to workout 5-6 days a week(but listen to your body) and get no less than 64oz of water in daily. Please don't get discouraged. You can do this. It will not a be a quick fix or without it's emotions, but stay the course.

Excellent advise...

Ensure that your eating is on point..because even though you are working out 5-7 times a week...The eating make up Most of the loss!
  • Bagtown
    Bagtown Posts: 21
    Flip the Scale over.... You can still stand on it but you cant see the numbers. The first week is always a bigger number than the second. Like others have advised up the water and try to hit the 1400 cals. Also think about adding fiber if you aren't getting enough. In two weeks flip that bad boy back over and take a peek at the numbers. And just think that if you average 1 pound a week for the year you will have lost over 50lbs, not a bad way to see 2013. Slow and steady wins the race.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!