Dating Non-believers (fitness)

Options
BigCed77024
BigCed77024 Posts: 1,115 Member
Have you or are you dating/married someone who doesn't workout or not in tune with their bodies?

What do they think of you trying to better your health?

Have you encouraged them or tried to get them to work out with you?

Replies

• AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    Not dating at the moment, but recently realized that this lifestyle match point is critical for me going forward. You can't change someone if they aren't already in the frame of mind to change. I probably won't consider a relationship with someone who isn't committed to health and fitness.
  • mo_is_here
    Options
    I'm married to a non workout guy. His job is a very physically demanding one so I can understand his not wanting to go work out in a gym. I actually prefer to workout alone anyway. He and I are also on very different pages when it comes to nutrition and diets. I've learned to just do my own thing and let him do his. Although we may not agree, we are both very supportive and encouraging of one another.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Sensitive subject with me and my current bf. I'm very attracted to him and I love him but he's insecure at times. He needs to get healthy, I see how it effects many things in his life and our relationship but don't know how to bring it up without offending him. I've suggested that he join me hiking and he's already been warned about what kind of food he'll have when he moves in. He joked that he'll probably lose weight from my cooking anyways and the fact that I don't keep junk in the house so I guess I'll be patient until he's living with me!
  • teenasbody
    teenasbody Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I am dating a believer and he has been a great inspiration to me and I to him...I don't think I would be as far along in my journey if I was dating a non-believer...