I ran 5 miles

Options
Well, I ran 5 miles strait through with no walking yesterday. Its a first for me, going that distance. I used to run 3 miles when I was younger like it wasn't even there, but never had a desire or a cause to run 5. I did it in under 1 hour. About 54 minutes to be exact. All in all, pretty good.

I took today off though. got busy with some other stuff, plus, I was draggin a little when I woke up. I am gonna try to repeat the run tomorrow, only knock 4 minutes off. Wish me luck

Replies

• meatball
    meatball Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Well, I ran 5 miles strait through with no walking yesterday. Its a first for me, going that distance. I used to run 3 miles when I was younger like it wasn't even there, but never had a desire or a cause to run 5. I did it in under 1 hour. About 54 minutes to be exact. All in all, pretty good.

I took today off though. got busy with some other stuff, plus, I was draggin a little when I woke up. I am gonna try to repeat the run tomorrow, only knock 4 minutes off. Wish me luck
  • tennetubbie
    tennetubbie Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    wow I'm impressed---I just WALK 4 miles a day--I don't think my knees would appreciate the pounding!!
    FIVE MILES
    OMG I'd DIE!!!

Good luck tomorrow!!!

123504.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Online Calorie Counter
  • LandBsdotingchauffeur
    Options
    If that's the longest distance that you've run, you should really take tomorrow off. Your body and joints etc will thank you for it. Long runs do a number on your joints, tendons, muscles etc and they need that time to recover. Do your body a favor and run it again on Monday!
  • chickadee10
    chickadee10 Posts: 350
    Options
    Great job! I agree, you should rest tomorrow.
  • Dedicated
    Dedicated Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!!!
  • meatball
    Options
    I have been running daily since september, so I am really not sore. I was a little tired this AM. Thats all. The way I figure, If I start and feel crappy, I will just do 3. If I feel good I'll keep going. Worst case, i'll get a 5 mile walk in.
  • angelinaz
    angelinaz Posts: 262
    Options
    That is a huge accomplishment. I have a girlfriend like that. Five mile runs are like sitting around is for me! Wow! Just my interesting point of view, I say, when you wake up tomorrow, ask your body if it would like to run! You will know when it's ready! Keep up the great change in lifestyle!!!:smile:
  • meatball
    Options
    well, I managed another run, and it went even easier, now that I know it is doable. As a nice bonus, I am down 4 lbs since last monday! I am definitely staying hydrated so I knwo it is real weight and not just water.