black coffee

Options
so.i've just tried black coffee for the first time... actually not bad.... with 3 sweeteners...

why should i carry on with this? what good will it do? whats the point?
eventually ill get the sweeteners out...

Replies

• ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    why should i carry on with this? what good will it do? whats the point?
    No idea. Why did you start it? I always drink my coffee with milk or cream.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    If you like having coffee for energy in the morning or throughout the day, I suppose you could argue it's better to drink it black because it's basically no calories.

Theoretically, black coffee would be healthier than sugar-filled mochas, lattes, or sodas.
  • Emmea2729
    Emmea2729 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    had so many people saying its better for you.... suppose theyre right, less calories. but is that it? its not bad. but i'd prefer a bit of milk/merlyn in it!
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    because it's delicious? (once you ditch the sweetener, that is)
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    I dropped the cream from my coffee on Thanksgiving and haven't looked back.

After you get used to the stronger taste, you learn to appreciate the flavor of the coffee itself, and its a nice way to cut some calories out of your day!
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    I love black coffee. But be warned - putting nothing in your coffee will make you taste old/burnt/bad coffee a whole lot easier. Friends and family will call you a coffee snob, but it will likely be because you can taste that the coffee has been on a burner for four hours, where it's hard to tell with a bunch of milk/cream/sugar/sweetener. Really good fresh coffee is delicious black.
  • mdogden
    Options
    I learned to like black coffee and now I think of coffee with milk / cream / sugar is a once in a while treat...almost like a desert.

I have heard that coffee can help metabolize fat, or can help with fat burning somehow. Does anyone really know?