Whole wheat & gaining

Options
My doctor put me on a very strict food intake on December 1, 2011. I've had several "oops" days but she said this would happen and its ok. Anyhow, we cleaned out our cabinets and replaced all white pastas, flours, breads, etc. with whole wheat items. But since this, I've gained weight rather than losing, which doesn't make sense? We used to eat ALOT of white pastas and breads, DAILY, but now that I've turned to healthier grains, Its doing opposite of what its supposed to be? Any ideas what would be causing this? I'm also drinking a lot of black tea (decaf) with 2 packets of artificial sweetener in it per 16 oz, several times a day, but that surely isn't enough to cause weight gain, or is it? Any help/support/ideas would be appreciated! :)

Replies

• karinefitness
    karinefitness Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Once I started eating 'clean' (no processed junk, sugars, etc.), I actually gained a little weight. I was bloated and my body wasn't used to all the veggies and clean food. It went away after a while, so I wouldn't necessarily worry about it.

Some artifical sweeteners may also cause bloating, maybe you could try the tea without it?

Good Luck! :)