I have an addiction to ice cream

Options
The title basically says it. For the past few months I have had a serious craving for ice cream and tums (more than anything I ever craved when I was pregnant, and trust me, thats saying something!) I have been getting it about two to three times a week for a while now. I am done doing that, because even though I am not gaining weight, all those hours of cardio+strength training is not paying off. (Well, I guess it paid off because it kept me straight, but I want to lose a little bit more flubber!) And maybe its just a coincidence, but I crave eating tums more than I do actual candy.
So then it hit me... this all started happening when I replaced my morning cereal with oatmeal. I did this for two reasons. 1) Oatmeal is less calories than cereal (and I LOOOVE cereal) 2) Steel oats helps with milk supply. I usually go days without any dairy since I do not add cheese on anything or milk. So I am guessing all these cravings are my body trying to tell me that I need calcium?
How can I increase my calcium intake? How can I stop these cravings?

Replies

• nrvo
    nrvo Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Maybe substitute half or all of the water in your oatmeal for milk? You could also try taking a calcium supplement or multi-vitamin.
  • luvrose
    Options
    Instead of going to other foods to substitute ice cream, indulge in fat free or low fat frozen yogurt! It's really good and comes in all the flavors that ice cream does and so much healthier! (:
  • MelissaWI
    MelissaWI Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I use Viactiv Calcium Plus D, Soft Chews from Walmart.. Cheap and taste pretty good.. Hear there are even sugar free ones out there. these are 20 calories each.