Favorite protein powder?

Options
Hey all! I am about to run out of my Designer Whey 100 calorie chocolate protein powder. I'm fine with it but I think there may be better options out there. What is your favorite protein powder (soy or otherwise) in a delicious chocolate flavor?

Replies

• addisondisease
    addisondisease Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    cyto gainer!

900cals 40 something g of protein

Helps me get to my 3k calorie goal every day.
  • Fergie2154
    Options
    AST VP2 Whey Protein Isolate. (Mocha is my favorite.... I also use Chocolate and Vanilla)

Isolates are good for those who cannot process Casein or Lactose....
  • mpalczew
    mpalczew Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I like true proteins milk protein isolate. I find that the milk protein or casein mixes are much better when it comes to keeping you feeling full. The whey proteins tend to make you hungry again rather quickly.
  • determinedsocialworker
    Options
    Promasil vanilla... I think it's like 80 calories..combine it wth unsweetened chocolate almond milk..yum!
  • EricMurano
    EricMurano Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition - 100% Whey Gold Standard (double choc). 120 calories, 22g of protein. Tastes friggin awesome when you add sweetner or if you like adding dextrose to your post workout shake :)
  • bahacca
    bahacca Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Spiru-tein-but I cannot have whey, so if you want a whey protein, this isn't it. Their cherry one is FABULOUS as well as the chocolate.
  • Enigmatica
    Enigmatica Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    http://www.amazon.com/Garden-Life-RAW-Protein-622g/dp/B0031JK96C

I add 1 tbsp of pure unsweetened natural cocoa powder, berries, soy milk, etc

My body won't allow whey or egg protein powders. :(
  • fightnfit83
    Options
    myprotein.
  • Gearhead231
    Options
    Gaspari Myofusion is my favorite protein. I have tried lots of different kinds and I find myself back with Myfusion.
  • Dsanborn33
    Options
    I'm obsessed with syntrax nectar in chocolate truffle. they have about 15 or 16 other mouthwatering flavors it is wonderful. The absolute best price out there is on mybariatricpantry.com They have single serving packs that are available in a sample pack. I'm so hooked on it!
  • Samerah12
    Samerah12 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • caveats
    caveats Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Pure Protein - Frosty Chocolate. It's ~$17 (maybe? can't remember ... I got mine on sale) at Target and relatively easy to find (I think Walmart carries it, too). About 130 calories and 25g protein per 37g scoop, and when mixed with milk, it's like drinking a chocolate milkshake.

My only beef with it is that protein concentrate is the first ingredient in the blend instead of protein isolates ... so I bought a tub of Optimum Nutrition (Cookies 'N' Cream) to try out next. But the Pure Protein has been awesome (and I've tried several of the commonly available brands at Whole Foods, Target, etc.) First tub is almost gone in ~2 months!
  • hbarney
    hbarney Posts: 434
    Options
    Visalus-it isn't chocolate but you can add to it. GREAT taste as is!
  • KaraH425
    KaraH425 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition - 100% Whey Gold Standard (double choc). 120 calories, 22g of protein. Tastes friggin awesome when you add sweetner or if you like adding dextrose to your post workout shake :)

I vote for this too. The Chocolate Malt and Extreme Milk Chocolate are awesome as well (as well as a bunch of the other non-chocolate flavors - Cake Batter=yum).
  • IrishHarpy1
    IrishHarpy1 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I'm obsessed with syntrax nectar in chocolate truffle. they have about 15 or 16 other mouthwatering flavors it is wonderful. The absolute best price out there is on mybariatricpantry.com They have single serving packs that are available in a sample pack. I'm so hooked on it!

The Vanilla Bean Torte is also SOOOOO yummy!!! :happy:
  • jennilovesryan
    Options
    love muscle milk chocolate with bananas! very yumriffic.
  • ryanherbert
    ryanherbert Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    GNC Lo Carb Delite
  • DEgal99
    DEgal99 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I have nothing to add, but bump.
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    Body Fortress Advanced Whey - in Chocolate Peanut Butter. SO GOOD. I blend it with some almond milk and ice cubes and it tastes like a Reese's smoothie!

26g protein, 130 cals.
  • nichol61480
    Options
    I love Jillian Michael's Whey Protein Powder Vanilla and Triple Chocolate. I can only find them at Walmart they are $10