Here comes summer - week 2

Options
Jackie_W
Jackie_W Posts: 1,676 Member
Morning guys :flowerforyou:
Hope you're all having a great weekend, we're about to start week two :drinker:

I'll post up our loss so far once I have them all.

Replies

• Jackie_W
    Options
    Morning guys :flowerforyou:
    Hope you're all having a great weekend, we're about to start week two :drinker:

I'll post up our loss so far once I have them all.
  • BlackBeltLJ
    BlackBeltLJ Posts: 190
    Options
    I'll join you but I have one problem- the scale is dead- I think that it got tired after two weeks of yo-yo. I think that I can find a scale at school.

I had back surgery and I couldn't exercise for 6 weeks:grumble: - I just started walking with my students again this week.:bigsmile:

I'll be in the woods with the Girl Scouts next weekend- I am cooking for the leaders- I get to cook healthy that way.

I get to go back to Taekwondo in17 days (April 1) then I will be too sore to eat much

Biggest problem I see on the horizon is Spring Break- I think that I will paint the bathroom, go to a Special Olympics Track meet, take the Girl Scouts on a trip and see what other exercise I can do:bigsmile:
  • Jackie_W
    Options
    I'll join you but I have one problem- the scale is dead- I think that it got tired after two weeks of yo-yo. I think that I can find a scale at school.

I had back surgery and I couldn't exercise for 6 weeks:grumble: - I just started walking with my students again this week.:bigsmile:

I'll be in the woods with the Girl Scouts next weekend- I am cooking for the leaders- I get to cook healthy that way.

I get to go back to Taekwondo in17 days (April 1) then I will be too sore to eat much

Biggest problem I see on the horizon is Spring Break- I think that I will paint the bathroom, go to a Special Olympics Track meet, take the Girl Scouts on a trip and see what other exercise I can do:bigsmile:

Welcome BlackBeltLJ :flowerforyou:
    Here's to a speedy recovery :drinker:
  • Jackie_W
    Options
    Challenge time :bigsmile:

I challenge everyone to exercise for at least 30 minutes a day for the next week.
    Remember to drink your water guys :drinker:

Feel freeto add more challenges for usall to join in with :drinker:
  • indianagranny
    Options
    Ok the exercise challenge is good - the water challenge I struggle with. Keep me accountable, motivated, and any suggestions for getting it down. I do not like adding a lemon to it either.
  • Jackie_W
    Options
    I walked round the car boot sales today, walking/browsing for 1 hour and 20 minutes and burnt up 195 calories :drinker:
    Seem to have a lot of get up and go today, so I'm going to use my mini bike next :tongue:
    I've lost 3lbs this week - thanks for the support guys:drinker:
    Jackie
  • Jackie_W
    Options
    Ok the exercise challenge is good - the water challenge I struggle with. Keep me accountable, motivated, and any suggestions for getting it down. I do not like adding a lemon to it either.

Lisa...hmmm, what can I say, add lime, strawberries or apple instead? or even a cordial?
    I used to hate water, can't get enough these days, in fact, when I go visiting people, and they ask what I'd like to drink, they offer tea, coffee, hot chocolate, I say oh just water please - I get some funnny looks :laugh:

I used to be addicted to cups of tea, diet coke, but now, I drink 1-3 cups of lemon tea a day, and 5+ pints of cold water - I prefer it cold as it seems to taste completely different.
  • BlackBeltLJ
    Options
    Get yourself a 32oz water bottle (or 1L) and Tell yourself that you will drink one before you can have lunch and one before the 6pm meal- guess what that is 8 glasses. You also have to drink that water before other drinks during the same time periods. Another sure way is to always drink a glass of water at every meal or snack- before you eat. If fills you up some as well gives you the water you need.
    Now where did I just leave my water bottle?:frown:
  • Jackie_W
    Options
    Get yourself a 32oz water bottle (or 1L) and Tell yourself that you will drink one before you can have lunch and one before the 6pm meal- guess what that is 8 glasses. You also have to drink that water before other drinks during the same time periods. Another sure way is to always drink a glass of water at every meal or snack- before you eat. If fills you up some as well gives you the water you need.
    Now where did I just leave my water bottle?:frown:

And if like me, you don't like water warm, keep the bottle in the fridge, whenever you want a drink, get up and walk to the fridge, don't ask someone else to get it that way, you get more exercise :drinker:
  • indianagranny
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestion Jackie and BlackbeltLJ. I appreciate it. Got up to 7 and a half yesterday. Gonna shoot for the eight today. Keeping my 32 0unce in the refrig and pouring it over ice each time does help. Jackie I do that with my phone too. Put it where I have to walk to get it when it rings.
  • BlackBeltLJ
    Options
    Okay the scale works- I don't. I gained 9lbs since surgery- yikes.
    so her are my stats.
    Started: April 2008- 243 lbs
    Now: Mar 16- 212
    Goal: 180 (Dr.'s goal is 160 so I compromise and say 175)
  • kpnuts23
    kpnuts23 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Oops... i just posted on the old thread...
    Ill go get it!!

Katherine
  • kpnuts23
    Options
    Ill go get it!!

Katherine

Good morning Jackie, :flowerforyou:

I hope your ok??

For the first time ever since being on MFP i have entered an entire weeks worth of food and exercise before - so this is going to be interesting to see how well i will do.. :happy:

Everyday i will print off what i should be eating and exercising, so it will be easier for me to follow each day instead of entering extra food the day after or missing out on exercise that i should have done..

Sooo wish me luck!!

1 month till my Ireland trip - 5lbs to loose :indifferent: i hope i do it!!!

Katherine :heart:
  • Jackie_W
    Options
    Ill go get it!!

Katherine

I hope your ok??

For the first time ever since being on MFP i have entered an entire weeks worth of food and exercise before - so this is going to be interesting to see how well i will do.. :happy:

Everyday i will print off what i should be eating and exercising, so it will be easier for me to follow each day instead of entering extra food the day after or missing out on exercise that i should have done..

Sooo wish me luck!!

Afternoon Katherine :flowerforyou:
    Sounds like a good plan to me, let us know how you get on.
    :drinker: GOOD LUCK :drinker:
    As for the 5lbs to lose, you could always wrap up in lots of thick clothing and go running - sweat it out big time if all else fails :wink: :laugh:

I did another 2 hour walk today - without my dog - don't think she's forgiven me yet :laugh:
  • Jackie_W
    Options
    Truth or fact: lifting weights causes women to bulk up......

While on a weight lifting program, the right hormones (testosterone) are necessary in order to bulk up. Women’s testosterone levels are much lower than men’s, so in most cases, they are not capable of building large muscles. In fact, since muscle takes up less room than fat, women tend to lose inches when they strength train. So in addition to the physical benefits (increased metabolism, decreased risk of osteoporosis, increased strength), strength training will help you slim down too! Women, in fact, are more likely to tone up from strength training rather than bulk up. Research shows that women can add up to 30% lean muscle and end up looking thinner, feeling stronger and being firmer.

Our society and pop culture seem to associate weight training with oversized muscles, but that’s just one avenue, which is extremely difficult for most people (including men) to achieve.

Women with an intense fear of becoming large (likely due to these images and myths) as a result of weight training are at a disadvantage when it comes to their health. The problem most women run into isn’t building too much muscle, but not building enough. This sets them up for increased risk of osteoporosis later in life, as well as a reduction in muscle mass of about 2-5% per year, which has an adverse affect on metabolism (and can result in weight gain).

So come on ladies, I wanna see those muscules flexing :drinker:
  • kpnuts23
    Options
    Ill go get it!!

Katherine

I hope your ok??

Sooo wish me luck!!

Afternoon Katherine :flowerforyou:
    Sounds like a good plan to me, let us know how you get on.
    :drinker: GOOD LUCK :drinker:
    As for the 5lbs to lose, you could always wrap up in lots of thick clothing and go running - sweat it out big time if all else fails :wink: :laugh:

I did another 2 hour walk today - without my dog - don't think she's forgiven me yet :laugh:

Ahh brilliant, poor dog!! but its working for you so thats alright!! Hey, you have the motivation to go out without the dog so thats fantastic!!
    I could wrap up - or i will sit ini the steam room after all my workouts! ha ha.. do you reckon that will work!!!?? :laugh:
    I am positive about this week :smile: so i will hopefull drop a lb!

Katherine x
  • Jackie_W
    Options
    Ahh brilliant, poor dog!! but its working for you so thats alright!! Hey, you have the motivation to go out without the dog so thats fantastic!!
    I could wrap up - or i will sit ini the steam room after all my workouts! ha ha.. do you reckon that will work!!!?? :laugh:
    I am positive about this week :smile: so i will hopefull drop a lb!

Katherine x
    [/quote]

Hi Katherine
    I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you :flowerforyou:
    You know what, I love the steam rooms :tongue: wish I had one at home, I'd be in it all day long :bigsmile:
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    :explode: I did have a terrible:explode: :sad: :sad: calorie consumption week-end. :sad: :sad: But after reading all the thread, I am motivated. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: What a great bunch of ladies. :flowerforyou: June is just around the corner.:glasses: :glasses: :glasses:

:heart: :heart: Love the challenges Jackie.:flowerforyou: I will work out everyday. I have to get off this computer and begin my Biggest Loser Boot Camp DVD.

Water, Water, Water:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Thanks all for all the support.

We are going to look fantastic come June!!!!!!

:flowerforyou: Kathy
  • jennyeckel
    jennyeckel Posts: 209
    Options
    hey plantlady
    We all have rough weekends. Just have brush off the cookie crumbs and put a smile on your face. I love the new boot camp dvd!!!!! Have you tried the weight loss yoga? I love it:) As Bob would say it is a "sweatfest" hee hee
    HOpe you have a great week!!!!!!!

I hope you will let me join your summer challenge....I want to look gooooooooood too:blushing:

jenny

92053.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Online Calorie Counter
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Just finished the DVD. Sweatfest galore.

June, I can see you clearly now. the fat is going!!!!! Lalalalalalaal.

It's the time for house work. :explode:

Kathy