Disney

Options
Hi,
Looking to take my kids to Disney, Florida and would love your suggestions on where to stay? Villa,hotel, area etc...

Replies

• melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    What are the ages of your children?

We were there a few years ago - stayed in a vllla in Kissimee. With teenage kids, that worked well: we liked catering for ourselves for breakfast, enjoyed a trip round the supermarket, didnt mind a drive in the car each day to a different theme park, loved having a pool in the villa, and a room each. For younger kids, some of those might have been a factor.
  • runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I've only stayed in the actual Disney hotels. A few of them, in fact. I think all are going to be great for kids if you pick one, but my personal favourite is Coronado Springs.
  • NicolelaJones
    Options
    Im a huge Port-Orleans (French Quarter) fan!! Its in the moderate price zone
  • Eliza117
    Options
    I used to work at WDW!

If you have younger kids, probably 10 and under, the All-Star resorts are good. They're the lowest price range, and they are bright and colorful with themes from various movies, sports, and movies. My favorite is All-Star Sports (where my hotel was sandwiched between a giant shark fin and a giant surf board ... my money was on the shark) and All-Star Movies. I think they just added a Pixar/Toy Story section. Great for kids =) The location of the All-Stars are nearest to Animal Kingdom. Are you looking to be near to a specific park? Busses go from each resort to each park, but if you stay at any hotels on the boardwalk (which are pricier than the All-Stars), you can also walk to Epcot as well as bus there.

Like I said, I worked at WDW, so if you have any questions, I'd love to answer! =D

Oh, and Port Orleans Riverside is my personal favorite for when I'm staying on property. I love the scenery, and there's plenty of sidewalk areas to take long walks.