I need help setting my proper cal. deficit

Options
Okay, I've been on MFP for a year now. I was on it to lose about 6 lbs. and then got off of it for the summer to remain at my current weight. Well, I've been consistent with it again for 50 days straight now. But, I' not really losing any weight! I started out at 1,240 cal's a day and I work out 5 days a week and always eat back my calories lost during exercise. The problem is, I wonder if I should eat more calories? I'm a SAHM to 2 little ones so I'm not super active, nor am I sedentary. More like somewhere in between. Can someone PLEASE help me to decide where i should set my activity level and cal. level? I'm set at 1 lb a week for loss.

My height is 5'6" and my scale said 140 this morning. I'd like to lose 5 lbs., maybe 10.

So frustrated!! :mad:

Replies

• dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    I think given your height and current weighy, you are at a healthy weight. You may not be able to lose more weight. Maybe you shoule focus on toning and strength training instead of the number on the scale.

Best wishes.
  • joyofjosiahhannah0810
    Options
    I've thought the same thing : ( I've NEVER been below 138 lbs.! Oh well...off to continue the toning process : )