big mama in Oregon, trying to get healthy!

Options
2»

Replies

• ORjezebel
    ORjezebel Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm Cassi and I'm looking to loose some weight and get healthier too! I just started using this site seriously this past week and I'm always looking to add new friends to support who can share their struggles and triumphs with me and they can do the same! I'm a stay at home mom in a fairly stressful situation after taking on my husbands 6 year old who came from an abusive and drug addicted mom and working out and getting healthy really seems to help get my mind off of things and the endorphins help with the stress!

Hey Cassi, sounds like you keep busy. I look forward to chatting with you :)
  • RogerF765
    RogerF765 Posts: 113
    Options
    I'm Originally from Oakridge I lived there for most of my life but couldn't handle the rain anymore so now I'm in Florida. I am trying to get healthy as well and so far so good.
  • ORjezebel
    Options
    I'm Originally from Oakridge I lived there for most of my life but couldn't handle the rain anymore so now I'm in Florida. I am trying to get healthy as well and so far so good.

We LOVE camping out around Oakridge. I must say I kinda envy all of the sunshine that you get now though.
  • KristynStephens15
    KristynStephens15 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Im in eugene as well =]
  • Redfieldr
    Options
    Oregon (Southern) here as well.

:) Oregon has a lot of great hikes and other options to help ya get in shape!

MFP is a great place to start... WELCOME!
  • Oretexan
    Oretexan Posts: 108
    Options
    I grew up in Eugene but live in Texas now. (It was 80 here today!) I just got started on here a couple of weeks ago and love it. Feel free to add me, I need all the help I can get and would love to support others.
  • ichorica
    ichorica Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm in the Vancouver, Wa area!
  • ORjezebel
    Options
    Im in eugene as well =]

Hi! good to meet you. How'd you like that 'snow storm' we had that melted by noon?
  • SARBelgians
    SARBelgians Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'd love some more Oregon friends! I'm in central oregon...madras to be exact!

Jillian

15449148.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • ORjezebel
    Options
    Oregon (Southern) here as well.

:) Oregon has a lot of great hikes and other options to help ya get in shape!

MFP is a great place to start... WELCOME!

Hi! I just hiked to the top of Mt. Pisgah for the 2nd time this past weekend. I huffed and I puffed and it took me an hour to go 1.5 miles up a mountain but I MADE IT! (I'm not counting all of the times I did it as a teenager, that seems like a lifetime ago)
  • ORjezebel
    Options
    Welcome! I'm in the Vancouver, Wa area!

Yay Washington! I was born in that state and went to grade and middle schools about an hour north of Vancouver in the Longview/Kelso area.
  • CharlesK07
    Options
    Awesome stuff, MFP is definitely a great way to help stay motivated and get continued support. No goal is too big here and the possibilities are endless. Please feel free to add me if you'd like. TEAM MOTIVATION AND SUPPORT!!!!!!!
  • ORjezebel
    Options
    I grew up in Eugene but live in Texas now. (It was 80 here today!) I just got started on here a couple of weeks ago and love it. Feel free to add me, I need all the help I can get and would love to support others.

I am soooo envious of all of you folks with gorgeous weather! I love my Oregon but I could do with a little more sunshine
  • ORjezebel
    Options
    I'd love some more Oregon friends! I'm in central oregon...madras to be exact!

Jillian

15449148.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Hey Jillian! thx for friending me :)
  • KristynStephens15
    Options
    Haha well my poor son attempted to make snow angels on the side walk, more like concrete angels!!!
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    I love to go to Eugene to shop....and eat! hah! I'm in Salem, but originally from Cali, so not a Duck or Beaver fan either, and I definitely don't get the obsession with college football here!
  • ORjezebel
    Options
    Haha well my poor son attempted to make snow angels on the side walk, more like concrete angels!!!

I hear 2-4 inches of snow expected to cover the valley floor tonight, but let's see...
  • ORjezebel
    Options
    I love to go to Eugene to shop....and eat! hah! I'm in Salem, but originally from Cali, so not a Duck or Beaver fan either, and I definitely don't get the obsession with college football here!

That's funny, my friends like to go to Portland to get the best grub! We do have lots of good places here. Therein may lie the problem, lol. I've been here 20 years and occasionally will yell "go ducks" but personally I prefer to watch the NFL games. How long have you been in Salem?
  • KristynStephens15
    Options

I hear 2-4 inches of snow expected to cover the valley floor tonight, but let's see...

And of course, we didnt get a darn bit! a tiny dusting one night and thats it! dang eugene
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options

That's funny, my friends like to go to Portland to get the best grub! We do have lots of good places here. Therein may lie the problem, lol. I've been here 20 years and occasionally will yell "go ducks" but personally I prefer to watch the NFL games. How long have you been in Salem?

I've been in Salem about 2 years. I'm looking forward to summer and my vacation in April!!