Eggs-whites or yolks?

Options
Since I was little, I've NEVER liked eggs. Not quiche, not scrambled, not fried, not an omelet, not smothered in ketchup, hot sauce, nothing. I tried to like them, but never could. Until now, when I tried JUST THE WHITES and they're freaking delicious. Turns out that all this time, it was just the yolk I don't like :laugh: Which part is your favorite?

Replies

• ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    I like the whole egg, but if you make me choose I prefer the yolk.
  • missfluffyuk
    Options
    Whole eggs, but I love the yolks. So much nutricious goodness... I have to try hard not to eat a dozen eggs a week. =(

Or a day.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I love whites, I really dislike yolks. I usually try to make myself eat some, but they are rank.
  • SarahMorganP
    SarahMorganP Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    I don't care for the whites. They have no taste to me. So each bite has to include some yolk or I don't like it.
  • alanalosesit
    Options
    I just love eggs, I try not to buy them too often or I'd eat them all in one go! The yolk is probably my favourite though.
  • ShellyMacchi
    ShellyMacchi Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    I like the whole egg, but if you make me choose I prefer the yolk.

this...

in truth i doubt i would waste my time just eating the whites.. unless i was making meringue of course *LOL*
  • MirandaDeCrane
    MirandaDeCrane Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Depends on how ya cook them :D Boiled-just whites...fried-just whites...scrambled-both. I love eggs!
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    Whole egg. I don't care much for whites without yolks or yolks without whites.
  • LuckyAng
    LuckyAng Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Love the whole egg, but I have switched to just egg whites since logging my food. It's taking me some time to get used to.
  • NaymaNay
    Options
    I'm in the same boat as you are, I've always hated eggs. There was a point in my life where just thinking about eating eggs would make me nauseous, but I've started having just the egg whites and they're great.
  • ingfit
    ingfit Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Both, like them equally.
  • branflake5
    Options
    the whites are great for you packed with protein with out all the fat (the fat is in the yolk) I however do like both parts. I make scrambled eggs using 1 whole egg and 1 egg white. I occasionally have an egg white omelet but thats just because I want to eat cheese on it:)
  • ChrissyLu723
    ChrissyLu723 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I like the whites only, I have always hated yolks, except in my drinking days at 2 am then I"d have dippy eggs at some dinner with rye toast and bacon lol!
  • glenr79
    glenr79 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I like them both equally. There are no vitamins in the egg whites just protein. All of the vitamins and minerals is in the yolk. Plus the yolk has monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats which help get of that unwanted saturated fat!!!
  • TheDudette
    Options
    As Red Foreman says when handed a plate of egg white, "But the yellow part's the baby bird. That's the part I want to eat!"
  • jarae876
    jarae876 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Fried, scambled or devil eggs I like both

Hard boiled though I have never eaten the yolks, which my siblings loved so they also fought over my yolk LOL
  • xtinalovexo
    xtinalovexo Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    i go both ways!

some days i feel a lil yolky and want a sunny side up egg

some days i feel white and only want whites.
  • glenr79
    glenr79 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    The fat in the yolk are monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats which get rid of saturated fats... So it is like a fat burner, people are misconceived about the yolk, and that is where all of the vitamins are too.
    the whites are great for you packed with protein with out all the fat (the fat is in the yolk) I however do like both parts. I make scrambled eggs using 1 whole egg and 1 egg white. I occasionally have an egg white omelet but thats just because I want to eat cheese on it:)
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    Whole eggs, but I love the yolks. So much nutricious goodness... I have to try hard not to eat a dozen eggs a week. =(

Or a day.

Between my husband, myself and our 2 dogs we go through at least 4 dozen eggs a week.

Just remember this............

Good fats are those made by nature; bad fats are those made by man – that’s all we need to know." -- Zoe Harcombe
  • JoJo_fat2fab
    JoJo_fat2fab Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I don't care for the whites. They have no taste to me. So each bite has to include some yolk or I don't like it.

^^ This