BodyMedia fit question!

Options
I've been wearing my bodymedia fit link for about a week now and I'm starting to question its accuracy. I think it depends too much on the movement aspect to calculate calories burned. I just spent 20 mins standing and doing the dishes and it counted that i did 20 mins of moderate activity and 400 steps... and an average of 5-6 calories burned a min. which i feel isn't true at all. I think it also reads the heat from the water i'm using to wash the dishes as my body heat.

Also when i'm driving it ready that i'm taking steps and doing activity. I wish it wasn't so sensitive.

Anyone have issues similar? Any advice. I don't want it telling me i've burned all these calories and still get discouraged when my scale shows differently.

Replies

• jataijah
    jataijah Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I have the body media too. I don't worry to much about the steps once I hit my target. which is 10000. But it may not be too off about your calorie burn doing dishes because I just read something yesterday about one can burn around 70 calories washing dishes for 30 mins, I mostly focus on my overall calorie burn at the end of the day. Im a stay at home mom. I work out twice a day 3 times a week and at least an hour on the other days. My overall calorie burn is usually between 2700-3000 calories total a day.
  • jataijah
    jataijah Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I just checked my activity manager and between 5:15 and 6:15 while I was cooking dinner and cleaning the dishes I burned 150 cals