every been stuck in an elevator?

Options
mrsyac2
mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
I have lol-- for the first time lastnight

St Patty's day is huge in Savannah it is a week long celebration of drnking partyin and a huge parade. People come from all over just to see this parade. anyway my husband and I and one of my friends were heading downtown to have some fun we got in the elevator at the parking garage we were parked on the 7th floor and we got in well we stop on the next floor because there were people on another floor that were coming on- So now we have 11 people on the elevator (not thinking anything of it) So the # shows up that we are on the 1st floor but the door doesn't open (yes the door didn't open)

So at first were all like what happened and we start looking around and there was a sign that nobody saw that said "No more than 6 people allowed or the Elevator will get stuck- lmao" well we had 11 on that lovely elevator-

So anyway the fire department came to rescue all of us and when the door finally opened we saw that we were stuck in between the 1st and 2nd floor- Nobody was crying or even scared we had a blast in the elevator we were taking pictures and video taping the entire thing- We weren't at the max weight limit of 2500 were just at the max people limit-

All in all it was alot of fun.. when we got off of it it was time to party it up-

Have you ever been stuck in an elevator?

0314092059.jpg

Replies

• mrsyac2
    Options
    I have lol-- for the first time lastnight

St Patty's day is huge in Savannah it is a week long celebration of drnking partyin and a huge parade. People come from all over just to see this parade. anyway my husband and I and one of my friends were heading downtown to have some fun we got in the elevator at the parking garage we were parked on the 7th floor and we got in well we stop on the next floor because there were people on another floor that were coming on- So now we have 11 people on the elevator (not thinking anything of it) So the # shows up that we are on the 1st floor but the door doesn't open (yes the door didn't open)

So at first were all like what happened and we start looking around and there was a sign that nobody saw that said "No more than 6 people allowed or the Elevator will get stuck- lmao" well we had 11 on that lovely elevator-

So anyway the fire department came to rescue all of us and when the door finally opened we saw that we were stuck in between the 1st and 2nd floor- Nobody was crying or even scared we had a blast in the elevator we were taking pictures and video taping the entire thing- We weren't at the max weight limit of 2500 were just at the max people limit-

All in all it was alot of fun.. when we got off of it it was time to party it up-

Have you ever been stuck in an elevator?

0314092059.jpg
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    I needed a good laugh! Thank you!! Sorry but that was a good one this morning!
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    yep....when I was at my current job for only about a month I got stuck in the elevator with about 10 other people. It was an old building and we had heard the elevator had been getting stuck lately, but I figured it would be fine. I was on the fifth out of 8 floors so there weren't that many people on it when I got on, but gained more as we went down each floor.

We were stuck for about 45 minutes and of course it was Friday at 5:00. It killed me that many people had worked there for years and had never got stuck, I was there for a month and there I was.

When they finally got the doors open we were between floors and we had to be pulled up by the people helping us out. The office is in Detroit and during the day the area was fine because it was like the business district, but after 5 the area becomes a ghost town and I still had to walk several blocks by myself. I then had to take the elevator in the parking garage and it was a very old sounding elevator and that would be just my luck to get stuck in that one too, by myself on a friday night in a parking garage. I can't remember if I risked it or not, or took the stairs.....because the stairwell could be just as scary. But I had my pepperspray so I am pretty sure I took the stairs.

But the good thing is, my boss let me go home 45 minutes early on Monday since we were stuck for so long.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    OMG!! that is so funny!!

I was stuck in an elevator back in the early 90's. The lady that was with me continued to talk to 'me' the entire time, but when I answered her she ignored me

I was terrified I was in there with a psycho.

Then she reached into her purse............my heart pounded.............I moved closer to the wall...............and she pulled out

her cell phone!!

She had one of the first hands free devices!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • mrsyac2
    Options
    lol- It was really funny we all laughed the entire time.