For Girls who started ~ 150 lbs

Options
Hi! So my highest weight was 181, and I'm down to 150. So pumped that I am finally at a "healthy" BMI weight!

I was wondering if there were others who got around this weight and needed/wanted to lose another 20 pounds or so. I was wondering about how long this took you (when on the ball and not hitting self-inflicted plateaus)! I'm not in a hurry to lose the weight, but I definitely want to continue losing.

Thanks!
Sio

Replies

• jrditt
    jrditt Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I'm around 150 now and it seems like my body really wants to stay here because it's been sooooo hard to get the weight to come off. I was thinking about losing another 15 though? Not too sure though. Good luck to you! I hope we both get to our goals
  • BioQueen
    BioQueen Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Yeah I am nervous to get below 150 - my adult body has never been under that.
  • darcierandall
    Options
    I am the same way! It's like my body just won't shed the pounds now that I am here!
  • MelL1205
    MelL1205 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I started at 190 and I'm about 155 now and have been for almost 3 months... I can't seem to budge but I wanted to get down to 140!
  • Abi138
    Abi138 Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm the same...its super frustrating! I noticed though once I got here, I got a little slack about my eating habits. So now, I'm trying to knock off 300 calories a day and see if that works.
  • CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,097 Member
    Options
    I was at 156 forever. When I upped my calories and stopped eating my exercise calories back but I was working out twice a day, then I went down to 145.

Now I've been ill, so I've gained a few lbs. Now, I'm working on getting to 135 for a challenge at work. I think it's going to be near impossible, but we'll see!
  • mrb_9110
    mrb_9110 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I started out at 165 last January. The first 15 pounds came off the easiest, within about 2-3 months. By about mid-summer, I slowly reached 140, and since then, I've slllllooooowwwwlllllyyyyyyy lost a couple more pounds. At this point, my focus is more about how my body looks rather than what the scale says but I still weigh in daily (cause I like to torture myself :/ )
  • SWEETS1234
    SWEETS1234 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Started Jan 2011 173lbs....Sept 2011 124lbs and maintaining. This is were I stopped haven't been able to move any lower and just trying to tone a bit more. Good Luck.
  • thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    My HW (yeeeeeaaaars ago) was 150lbs. I got back up to 145 this summer though, which was AWFUL. Since September I've gone down about 17lbs. My goal is 120, maybe 115. I was losing 4-5 pounds a month the first few months, but my weight loss definitely slowed during December. This might be from the holidays, or it might be because I stopped strength training, or it might be because I'm now at a "healthy" weight and so my body is less ready to lose the fat.

I would definitely recommend adding strength training though, if you don't already. I was stuck hovering between 130-140 for years until I finally decided to go lift some weights. The month of December I stopped, but kept up with my cardio and healthy eating, and my weight loss slowed to a crawl. At least for me, building muscle has been key.
  • taramhouston
    taramhouston Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm around 5'6" and my highest weight was 178. Originally I wanted to get into the high 150's because that was enough to put me at the top of the "healthy" weight range. It took me around 3 months to lose the first 20 pounds. After hitting that goal I decided that I loved how I was beginning to look and feel and instead of just "barely" making a healthy weight I would try to lose another 30 pounds. It took me about 5 more months to lose the last 30 pounds. By staying focused and logging my food and exercising regularly I lost an average of 1-2 pounds a week until I hit my goal and I even lost a few extra pounds while transitioning into maintenance.