Extra Calories

Options
I just finished my first week on here. I feel like I've been eating more than I used to, but thats because I am eating lots of veggies and fruits to fill me up. But I still have about 400 calories left at the end of the day, sometimes more when I exercise. Is it bad that I am not eating those calories? I know if you don't eat enough your body thinks its starving and you can actually gain weight. Sometimes I'm tempted to use up those calories by eating junk food, but thats probably not a good idea. :P What should I do? I dont want to eat if Im not hungry!

Replies

• stevwil41
    stevwil41 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Try adding a handful of almonds or something similar into your day. My current thing is I add a tablespoon or two of peanut butter to my oatmeal in the mornings. It helps keep me full and I'm not missing out on peanut butter (which is one of my very favorite things).
  • thefoodnerd
    thefoodnerd Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Great idea! Thanks. I almost went to the store and got ice cream tonight to fill the extra calories. But I came on here instead and defeated the craving. And love peanut butter too. :)
  • Dumatha
    Options
    Probably a no go on the junk food. But, if you do not feel hungry, I wouldn't worry about it if you have a few extra calories left over. I think after I fill out the log for 2 weeks, I will look to see what sort of balance I have as far as protein, sugars, etc. to see if I need to change what I am eating.