Pedometer?

Options
Hey! So I have a Polar F6 and love it but I also want something that will calculate my distance when I'm outside and not on my elliptical. The only thing that I know of that does that is a pedometer. I have had a few in the past but they were cheap and broke pretty easily. I'm looking for something that can take a beating but won't break my wallet. Any suggestions? (Or do you know of something other than a pedometer that will tell me how far I've gone?)

Replies

• blackmamba886
    blackmamba886 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Hey! So I have a Polar F6 and love it but I also want something that will calculate my distance when I'm outside and not on my elliptical. The only thing that I know of that does that is a pedometer. I have had a few in the past but they were cheap and broke pretty easily. I'm looking for something that can take a beating but won't break my wallet. Any suggestions? (Or do you know of something other than a pedometer that will tell me how far I've gone?)
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    If you have an ipod there are some devices that attach on the bottom that I have heard work really well. There are also GPS watches. When I cycle I stick my GPS in my little pack so I can look at mileage, speed and elevation. There are a lot of little gadgets. I usually go to amazon.com and play around with reviews and listings.

Just depends on how much you want to spend.
  • firewalking
    firewalking Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I have been using a pedometer for a year now (along with my Polar F6) and I love it.....

http://www.virginhealthmiles.com/

This site allows you to "buy" stuff with your miles...it's awesome! The pedometer itself is only $25.00 and you can download the information for a small fee every day.
  • Jennuwine99
    Options
    Hi there! I recently purchased a Pedometer for training- since I will be walking 60 miles in the 3-Day Breast Cancer walk. It was pretty inexpensive and keeps data for the last 7 days.. also comes with a USB cable to plug into your computer to track your progress. It's pretty accurate too. Check it out! Brand is Omron. :) Good luck!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000MN92WM

163876.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Online Calorie Counter
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,985 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: My A.T.&T. Sony Ericsson Walkman phone has a pedometer that counts steps, distance, calories, and keeps track of the information so you can compare from day to day. It has another fitness feature that allows you to set up a "workout" and track speed, distance, calories and keep track of your workouts over time.

I carry mine in my pocket all the time.:bigsmile:
  • blackmamba886
    blackmamba886 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! :happy: I actually was looking at the Omron and really want it but the software isn't compatible with my computer. So I may just end up getting the one that's pretty much the same only it doesn't come with the program. Thanks again!