LOOKING FOR BUDDIES!

Options
:smile:
Hey Everyone! I'm looking for support buddies or maybe a group to join. i'M 45, Mom to 2 very active teenage daughters, work full time, and not finding much "support" from my family. I just kind of get the "oh, here we go again" attitude. Lol. I'm hoping to eventually lose 30 pounds. Friends anyone? :happy:
Jewel

Replies

• JEWEL1511
    Options
    :smile:
    Hey Everyone! I'm looking for support buddies or maybe a group to join. i'M 45, Mom to 2 very active teenage daughters, work full time, and not finding much "support" from my family. I just kind of get the "oh, here we go again" attitude. Lol. I'm hoping to eventually lose 30 pounds. Friends anyone? :happy:
    Jewel
  • 1Sweets
    1Sweets Posts: 395
    Options
    I sure would like a buddie too! I lost my page:sad: & had to start again so there's not much on mine yet but...I also have 2 teenagers at home. I'm 49 and holding hahaha. We can cheer each other on.:flowerforyou:
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    We are all your friends. There are lots of groups here to join. And they will love to have you. I belong to , http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/44413-seniors-golden-sneakers-club-week-of-3-9-3-16
    Which is an older group. Also to http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/42063-summer-2009-will-be-different-challenge. And there are more out there just go to Recent post and go down the list some of them and see what might interest you. You will love it here,. It is a nice place and we are all family. Caliecat
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    I sure would like a buddie too! I lost my page:sad: & had to start again so there's not much on mine yet but...I also have 2 teenagers at home. I'm 49 and holding hahaha. We can cheer each other on.:flowerforyou:

YES YOU CAN!!!!
  • JEWEL1511
    Options
    Well I've been on here about 1 week now. So far so good. Lol :smile:
  • Tricia82
    Tricia82 Posts: 75
    Options
    Hey I joined in Jan and kind of feel off the wagon in feb. so I am also looking for some buddies and support and would love to do this with someone else to cheer me on and vice versa. :flowerforyou: :smile:
  • skinnymel
    skinnymel Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    hi! i'd like to join! i am 38, mom to a 5 year old boy. i work at home...
    i quit smoking in july 2007 (smoked a pack a day since i was a 15 year old
    punk, minus pregnancy and early infant-baby time)... so anyway, i FINALLY
    quit for good and got fat!
    i joined MFP in feb, i love it and enter in all food and exercise religiously. i have about
    16 pounds to lose until i can fit into my clothes again.
    what should we name our group? any ideas jewel?
  • JEWEL1511
    Options
    i'm open for suggestions! Great job on quitting smoking!!
  • skinnymel
    Options
    ABOUT A GROUP NAME...

well, besides having some extra poundage, do we all have anything in common?
    looks like calliecat and i are doglovers..
    love being a mom, which is convenient..ha ha.
    married.
    besides that, i am an artist-i paint for a living...
    i love music and play guitar(well) & piano(not well)
    love to garden
    like to cook and drink red wine
    love yoga, and recently have gotten into zumba

anyone else?
  • JEWEL1511
    Options
    GROUP NAME. How about Moms on a Mission. Or M O M . LOL :smile:
  • skinnymel
    Options
    M O M sounds good to me!
    just in case any of us are NOT mothers, how about the first m will stand for whatever us moms choose...
    eg: muchachas on a mission, whatever...?
  • skinnymel
    Options
    ok, so whatever we call ourselves, here goes:
    i just got home from two classes at the ymca:

1 the bottom line
    2 power yoga

my heart rate monitor says i burned about 635 calories-!!! i didn't want to go at all...it's that time of the month, feeling tired, but am so glad i went!

hope everyone has found time to do something to make themselves feel good today in the long term!