I lost 5 lbs!

Options
I am happy I lost weight.. Is that good for 2 weeks? Also I am confused about the exercise calories.. If I eat my 1,200 calories a day, then exercise 500 cal off that day, I should not eat the calories back so I lose wt right? Cause if I eat them back I won't lose wt, I will stay the same? Please any help is much needed and appreciated! Thanks!!!:drinker:

Replies

• Lisa777
    Lisa777 Posts: 27
    Options
    I am happy I lost weight.. Is that good for 2 weeks? Also I am confused about the exercise calories.. If I eat my 1,200 calories a day, then exercise 500 cal off that day, I should not eat the calories back so I lose wt right? Cause if I eat them back I won't lose wt, I will stay the same? Please any help is much needed and appreciated! Thanks!!!:drinker:
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    This is in HUGE debate here. I personally did it that way eat 1200 and thats that......I lost alot of weight....I have alot of weight to lose. Then I did 1200 and ate all my exercise cals and lost 1 pound in 2 weeks.....then I went to eating just 1200 again and thats that and nothing........I now eat 1460 a day when I don't exercise, I eat 1460 + 1/2 of my exercise cals and have broken my 2 week platau.....I think you are gonna need to try things out.....each body is different. Alot depends on how much you have to lose too I think.....I have 70 some odd to go...

Good luck

AND YES 5 POUNDS IN 2 WEEKS IS GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • sanifrey
    sanifrey Posts: 2,355 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your weight loss!! 2lbs a week is perfect!! You should eat your exercise calories because MFP has already figured in you calorie deficit (sp) So if you were to burn off your said 500 calories & not eat them you wouldn't be giving your body enough fuel & energy to keep yourself healthy. Eat your exercise calories! It does work!! I don't know if I've explained it clearly or properly but I'm sure that some of our other MFP buddies will respond & give advice as well!
    Keep at it! It'll come off & stay off if you do it right & healthy! :flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Honey, whatever you are doing, keep on doing it! You lost 5 pounds that is awesome!!

Dont stress it!:flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    and update your profile!!! show those 5 pounds off in your ticker girl!!:heart:
  • Love_Conquers_All
    Options
    Hi Lisa:heart:
    Wow...that is AWESOME Chick....5 lbs in 2 weeks is right on target....a good pace to be able to keep it off...slow and steady will keep the lbs off for good!

Regarding your workout cals...everyone finds what works for them and then if need be switch it around abit to find what works best for them.

You only have 27 lbs to lose so trying to eat them back would be healtiest and see how that works for you. Most especially since you are eat the lower end of the cals suggested by MFP...1200.....our bodies work much more effiiciantly when getting in at least that amount.

When working out simply add them back in and eat the calories you burned. I know at first it goes against every 'diet' we've ever tried and yes can feel strange....but keeping in mind this isn't a 'diet' but a newer healthy way of eating and changing our lifestyles. :tongue:

As was shared by Sanifrey below, MFP already has in place a deficit, which means it figures out according to how many lbs you chose to lose per week when you set it up. So if you didn't eat back those cals your body would then only be taking in a mere 700 cals, which is simply not enough for our bodies to run on. Compare it to fueling of a car, we need good fuel and plenty in the car to keep it running at it's best.

Lisa....you're doing great:wink: ...keep up the good work Hon:drinker: :heart:
  • Lisa777
    Options
    Thanks all for the kind and encouraging words! I am happy! Right now for lunch I am having a bannana, and 6 triscuits with one wedge of laughing cow light cheese and water, water, water:drinker:
  • thejarviclan
    thejarviclan Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    That's fabulous!

I've been trying to lose 21 pounds since January 9th and I eat around 1200-1400 calories a day. I generally burn between 400 and 900 in the gym every day, so I am not eating back all of my exercise calories. I tend to leave 300-500 on the table.

Every ten days or so I try to "shock" my metabolism with a hearty meal though. Seems like keeping it guessing helps! I did this several years ago and lost 100 pounds so I can attest to the fact that it works! :happy:
  • Falcon
    Falcon Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    what seemed to work for me was consuming my calories, I found I wasn't consuming as many as I should per week and gained two pounds back.

I stopped keeping track when I was losing the weight and it came back when I started keeping track go fig

Keep doing what you're doing and you'll make your goal :drinker:
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    wtg! keep doing exactly what your doing and dont second guess it as long as its working for you and you feel great!:drinker:
  • Lisa777
    Options
    Just trying to see if my ticker works

164602.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    do what works for you-

Some people eat all of them

Some eat some of them

Some don't eat any of them

You have to find what works best for you- because in the end you are doing this for you.

Great job on the 5lbs it isn't bad that you loss 5lbs in 2 weeks especially if you did it by switching up the way you eat and added in exercise- its kind of like shocking your system but don't get discouraged if you only drop a pound or a half a pound- keep up the good work..
  • nikii14
    nikii14 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the 5 lbs...I just hit 5 lbs but it took me 6 weeks. So you are doing great!! Keep up the great work!!