All this water is making me bloated!

Options
Ok so I am drinking all my water and then some most days (though i tend to forget about in my diary). i don't like tea or coffee and I don't drink soda or juice. Just water. Plain water but since I started 8 glasses a day I fill bloated and full of water. Any thoughts?

Replies

• whiterockdeb
    whiterockdeb Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Watch your sodium intake!
  • mammafrog
    mammafrog Posts: 176
    Options
    I am trying hard on my sodium. Guess time to try harder. :(
  • MissKim
    MissKim Posts: 2,853 Member
    Options
    Try putting some lemon juice in your water. It will help :)
  • empresslove13
    empresslove13 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    lemon is a great idea. water shouldnt be making you bloated, it should be doing the opposite unless your sodium intake is forcing your body to hold onto that water. have you checked what your sodium intake is? you can see it on the tracker.?
  • itsuki
    itsuki Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Gonna second/third everyone here - looking at your diary it's almost definitely sodium that's bloating you, not water. Fast food and processed meat (like the hormel brisket and the tyson's chicken) tend to be high on sodium. Of course they happen to be high in yumminess as well, which can be tricky. :)
  • onefitdiva
    onefitdiva Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Yep, as stated above, really watch for sodium in the foods you eat. Even some of the frozen steamable veggies in the bags have added salt. Now that one shocked me, I though I was buying nothing but vegs.
  • hlcook
    hlcook Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Also, don't forget that it might take your body some time to get used to being properly hydrated. If you've been chronically dehydrated for a long time it may think it needs to store water.
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    I agree - sodium is too high. Try preparing foods ahead..for example, on a weekend bake up an entire package of chicken breasts, package into 3oz pkgs and freeze. Easy peasy. For water retention, both garlic and dandelion root are natural diuretics.
  • robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    I'm going to have to agree with everyone.. Your diary looks good, lots of water intake but your sodium levels are really high. That's probably where the bloating is coming from.
  • mammafrog
    mammafrog Posts: 176
    Options
    Thank you guys! Untill today I never tracked my sodium and now that I have looked WOW! I love my low calorie arbys ham and cheddar but it has to go. I also love turkey sandwhiches but not so much now
  • empresslove13
    empresslove13 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    yeah processed meats are HORRIBLE!! I switched to making a chicken breast on a sandwhich and then making sure that if i get a canned soup i am really hydrated and i get a natural low sodium version. you are going to feel sooo much better!!