What works for you?

Options
Hi everyone so i have been trying to be successful on the south beach diet but I seem to not stick to it! I have restarted this diet about 5 times in the past 2 weeks and i am very frustrated. I have been a member of MFP for almost 3 months and i was staying at my 1200 calorie goal eating healthy and exercising. But was not see results. So i have been on and off the south beach diet and have lost 5lbs but i am sick of it!!!! Need some advice how do u guys lose your weight cut carbs cut fat, sugar? What is it that you do to help yourself lose weight? Cutting carbs for me is horrible but its seems if i were to stick to it it would work? Some advice is soooo needed THANK YOU EVERYONE

135753.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter

Replies

• coliechacer
    coliechacer Posts: 105
    Options
    Hi everyone so i have been trying to be successful on the south beach diet but I seem to not stick to it! I have restarted this diet about 5 times in the past 2 weeks and i am very frustrated. I have been a member of MFP for almost 3 months and i was staying at my 1200 calorie goal eating healthy and exercising. But was not see results. So i have been on and off the south beach diet and have lost 5lbs but i am sick of it!!!! Need some advice how do u guys lose your weight cut carbs cut fat, sugar? What is it that you do to help yourself lose weight? Cutting carbs for me is horrible but its seems if i were to stick to it it would work? Some advice is soooo needed THANK YOU EVERYONE

135753.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    For me I stay in a range of 1200-1400 calories I workout mainly all Cardio everyday for 2hrs..I do not eat bread,rice or pasta..they are not banned from my diet but I choose not to eat them until I can control portions better. I watch my sodium staying around 1500mg I watch my fat as well as sugars. I really aim for all lean meats and high fiber foods.
    As for deserts I only allow myself 3 bites and then it hits the trash or someone elses plate. I dont indulge too much nor do I reward myself with foods or cheat days..for me this leads to binge eating and seeing food as a trophy.....I wish you much success in your journey!!:drinker: One thing that has kept me on track is not going into the thinking that Ive hit plateaus if I havent seen weight loss for a week or so. I used to always over analyze things like that and get discouraged now I just keep plugging along and rarely change anything but my excercise routine. You could try the higher end of the calories like 1400 and boost your workout to 60minutes+ 6 times a week that may help.
  • LauraK216
    LauraK216 Posts: 104
    Options
    I just started here as well, so I don't have much advice to offer you. I was put on the South Beath Diet back in November and I could not do it. Because of everything I had to cut out, I wasn't getting 1200 cals a day 90% of the time! I couldn't lose any weight because I couldn't even hit 1200 cals! My nutritionist recommended that I skip Phase 1 and just go straight to Phase 2 and I had a lot more luck that way!
  • swtally80
    swtally80 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    things with carbs and sugar seem so packed with cals... so I have chosen to go with out for the most part they have gone from a main staple in my diet to something I occasionally indulge in. I always keep within my cals so if I want to eat more I avoid bread pasta and rice.
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    I eat 1400-1600 calories (I mainly stay in the range of 1450 a day) I eat whatever I want but in moderation and within my calorie range- I don't go over my calories.

I work out 4-6 days a week (lately it has been 4 days) but while I am at the gym I am doing cardio and weight training- I don't leave the gym until I burn 500 calories (that is my min) I always try to aim to burn more.

Set mini goals for yourself

Another thing is I don't drink my calories I don't reward myself with food either- I also don't eat my exercise calories- Not because I want the weight to come off fast (because it isn't but is coming off at a healthy speed) but my reason is because before MFP I never heard of that before--

I got serious with losing these last 20lbs on Febuary 8th by going to the gym and working out and as of today I am down 10lbs-

Don't get discouraged- Don't forget to measure yourself- You can do it.

Good Luck!!
  • coliechacer
    coliechacer Posts: 105
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the advice i am def getting off this south beach diet and going to try to stay away from pasta's and bread. I have been losing my mind on the diet thank you