30 Day Shred! Anyone?

Options
Jillian Michaels made me her b*tch tonight. I haven't worked out in months. This was only day one but I am proud of myself already.

Anyone else have input on the shred?

Replies

• kelli1023
    kelli1023 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    i am on day 8 level one ... its alot easier but i cant wait for level 2 i feel like im getting bored so its sometimes a struggle other than that its going ok eating clean is the worst part
  • hiker282
    hiker282 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    The 30 Day Shred was a great intro and helped me gear up for Insanity. You think Jillian's a B*tch? You should try working out with Shaun T. Shaun makes Jillian his...well...you get the idea.
  • ame337
    ame337 Posts: 27
    Options
    I would love to try again, I made it to 2 weeks and lost 8 pounds. but I lost motivation. I get bored easy.
  • kateecat
    Options
    Just keep going. I actually managed to do 30 Day Shred. It was difficult alright, but manageable. Then I tried the Banish Fat Boost Metabolism video and Jillian definitely made me her B**** on that one. I thought I was dying. Good luck!
  • MILFdoesabodyGd
    MILFdoesabodyGd Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I don't think I will get bored, I've done another dvd workout before for a couple consecutive months and was fine. Maybe do every other day 30DS and Zumba or something fun?

As for the insanity and this Shaun guy, I'll pass....for now :) I'm easing into this and my body is definitely saying to me right now..."wtf?!"
  • MILFdoesabodyGd
    Options
    thanks for the encouragement :) what kind of results did you get from it?
  • MILFdoesabodyGd
    Options
    Just keep going. I actually managed to do 30 Day Shred. It was difficult alright, but manageable. Then I tried the Banish Fat Boost Metabolism video and Jillian definitely made me her B**** on that one. I thought I was dying. Good luck!

thanks for the encouragement :) what kind of results did you get from it?
  • NellyRabbit
    NellyRabbit Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Started the 30DS last week, on Day 7 Level 1, already lost 2 lbs, 4 inches, and have tons more energy. I like that I can burn about 250 in just 25 minutes and feel encouraged all day long. My abs finally stopped being sore around day 5, hoping to keep this going as part of my workout options. :flowerforyou:
  • MILFdoesabodyGd
    Options
    Started the 30DS last week, on Day 7 Level 1, already lost 2 lbs, 4 inches, and have tons more energy. I like that I can burn about 250 in just 25 minutes and feel encouraged all day long. My abs finally stopped being sore around day 5, hoping to keep this going as part of my workout options. :flowerforyou:

I didn't take my measurements yet but I think my waist is a 30. Is it your waist you are measuring?
  • Mama2HnC
    Options
    I just started tonight, and I feel like a noodle... I THOUGHT I was in shape... apparently not.
    Looking forward to loosing more, but mainly loosing inches!
  • 1a1a
    1a1a Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    I'm Ripping in 30, wanna keep each other accountable?
  • nu2012
    nu2012 Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I am also doing that,day 8.But I get bored easily so I keep changing my workouts.I did 30ds 3 times ,level 1. In between I did zumba and belly dancing. Today I started level 2.I think I did fine.
  • hiker282
    Options
    I don't think I will get bored, I've done another dvd workout before for a couple consecutive months and was fine. Maybe do every other day 30DS and Zumba or something fun?

As for the insanity and this Shaun guy, I'll pass....for now :) I'm easing into this and my body is definitely saying to me right now..."wtf?!"

That's what's great. Jillian is a great way to break into what is called High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT). You get your heart rate up with exercise, sustain it there, and then let it come down for a little bit of a breather before you shoot it back up again. You'll definitely be sore working out with Jillian if you haven't worked out for a while. All I really meant to say is that the 30 Day Shred is a great first step on your road to better fitness. She helped me shed a few pounds and a little off my waistline. I wish you the best of luck getting through all 30 days. It's killer at the beginning, but then your muscles get broken in and you'll see yourself building stamina and strength.
  • Cathsaff
    Cathsaff Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am on day 8, level 2. The first day of level 2, I wanted to cry! But the 2nd day was teeny bit easier, we'll see how tomorrow is. I took measurements and I definitely have seen some shrinkage in my muffin top and tummy already! She rocks!
  • jmulldome
    Options
    The 30 Day Shred was a great intro and helped me gear up for Insanity. You think Jillian's a B*tch? You should try working out with Shaun T. Shaun makes Jillian his...well...you get the idea.

Indeed, Shaun T. chews you up, spits you out, and then slurps you back up again only to swish you around and spit you back out again.
  • CindyCountingCalories
    Options

What Shaun T dvd are you using?
  • Mama2HnC
    Options
    Anyone can add me, to keep me accountable.
    I plan to do my usual pilates in the am as well...
  • Lyndi4
    Lyndi4 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 3 of the Shred and loving it. My 5 & 6 year old have been doing it with me, using soup cans for weights. I think it's a great workout for 20 min of your time. My arms are sore, though.
  • hiker282
    Options
    I'm doing Insanity right now, and hoping to finish off a round and then hit the Asylum. What's a great reward for killing a punishing workout? Get an even more brutal workout.
  • Tsrwalker
    Tsrwalker Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I am on Level 1 day 6. When I started it I thought there was no way it was going to get easier. I couldn't even keep up and had to stop a lot. Now I am able to keep up most of the time. I took my measurements the first day and pics. I measured my bust, waist, hips, thigh and took my weight. There are a lot of people on here doing it and they have seen great results so I am just trying to stick with it. For the people who get bored easily or get annoyed by Jillians voice, it was suggested to me to do it without volume and to listen to music instead when you get the routine down and don't feel like you have to watch every second or need her instruction. I do it every other day so essentially it will be the 60 ds for me instead of 30 days.