So I've been eating Almonds....

Options
And it seems that most days it is was has the highest fat content of my whole day! But everyone keeps telling me they are a healthy snack.

Should I keep eating them? It just looks like an easy way to cut out the fat and calories from my day.

Replies

• Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Not a problem - your body needs fat and getting it from things like almonds (and olive oil, avocadoes, eggs , salmon etc) is a great way to meet that requirement. Yes, they have calories, but as long as you pay attention to the portions then they aren't too bad. I tend to count them out - about 10 or 12 at a time is one serve for me.
  • LabRat529
    LabRat529 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    Fats are not evil. Almonds have some of the best fats you can possibly eat. Mono- and polyunsaturated fats can promote heart health and even lower cholesterol levels (according to some studies). Don't go crazy with them, because they ARE a high calorie food, but it's a great idea to keep them in your diet.
  • Breadbar
    Breadbar Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I recently started adding a small measured amount to my morning protein shake so I'm getting the nutrition benefit without dealing with the temptation to grab extras as I'm not tasting them by themselves. We need healthy fats - just watch the portion size very carefully!
  • thelowcarbrecipes
    thelowcarbrecipes Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with almonds or calories from fat [as long as they are not transfats or hydrgenated]
    I know loads of people are loosing weight on a high fat, low carb diet. I am :)
  • rsmithy89
    rsmithy89 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Fats from almonds are good as people said. Just limit your intake. I love the things and could eat hundreds a day. Unfortunately, I cant :(
  • JobenMcJoben
    Options
    Thanks! I just needed a little reassurance as I've been going over my fats so much with them.