Always Hungry

Options
2»

Replies

• kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    1200 is an extremely low calorie goal. if you increase to around 1500 a day you'll notice you're feeling better and still losing weight. 1200 calories a day is simply not maintainable.

I agree that you may want to increase a little. However, 1500 is a bit high for some people. For me, for example, 1500 is to GAIN weight (maintaining is 1460-ish) Try to got for one pound lost a week, that's a doable goal. Also, you can literally stuff your stomach with sugar snap peas or lettuce or tomatoes until you cannot possibly eat more for under 500 calories... which is helpful.

this would only be the case if you are already very small. The OP weighs around 200lbs as per her ticker. at that weight 1500 cals is nowhere near a gain. I usually find 1400-1600 a reasonable calorie alottment.
  • kpetrie1
    Options
    How is your water intake? When I get hungry, water is my help
  • led6777
    led6777 Posts: 268
    Options
    My calorie goal is now ~1500. I'm 5'9" and ~195lbs, so I think this is low but good for weight loss.

Thank you all so much for your help. I am definitely going to increase the fiber intake and force myself to learn to love vegetables and beans!
  • kateroot
    kateroot Posts: 435
    Options
    I took a peek through your food diary - work on upping your protein and fiber and trying to eat less processed and sugary foods if possible. They cause crazy blood sugar spikes that will leave you hungry shortly after eating. That should quell the hunger significantly. Hope this helps!