First weigh in results!!!

Options
Hello all,

Thought I would share my fist weigh in news!! Well I got up this morning with much anticipation and thought this is it the moment of truth!!! Went down to the bathroom and got the scales out and stood on them expecting maybe 2 to 3lbs at the most!!! It felt like a lifetime before the scales actually came up with anything and the results were amazing in my first week I have lost almost 11lbs!!! :bigsmile:

I never expected such great results in the first week!!1

Has anyone else had some great first weigh in surprises that they would like to share?

Natz :bigsmile:

xx

14696887.png

Replies

• daniwebb1988
    Options
    Oh my gosh! Well done you, what have u been doing to lose that much? My first weigh in tomoz and im nervous!! xx
  • TiffaniBarrett
    TiffaniBarrett Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Well done! That is really really good!

But do be careful about losing so much weight so fast - its much more likely to creep back on if it is not lost at a steady pace

But well done! You're obviously doing something good :D x
  • lowliar
    lowliar Posts: 26
    Options
    But do be careful about losing so much weight so fast - its much more likely to creep back on if it is not lost at a steady pace

I agree with this, but I just want to add, I think it's normal to burn off a lot of weight in the first couple weeks. After two or three weeks, it'll probably average out to 1-2 pounds per week. Disclaimer: I'm not an expert. Just an amateur opinion.

Aside from that, congratulations, welcome to MFP, and good luck continuing your journey! You're off to a great start!
  • Blessedmommy_2x
    Blessedmommy_2x Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    My first weigh in was this past Saturday and I had similar results! I lost 11.2 lbs in a week! My understanding is in the beginning its likely you'll lose that much because its mostly "water weight" your finally taking in more water and eating healthier foods so your body doesn't retain as much water. I imagine the weight loss will slow down for both of us these next few weeks.But either way losing that much in the beginning is exciting, it the perfect way to jumpstart our weightloss journey! Congrats! :-)
  • lougru
    lougru Posts: 55
    Options
    OMG! its taken me 2 months to lose 11lbs! haha. well done!
  • ksizzle911
    ksizzle911 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic news!! Congratulations! I've been on a weight loss program for 9 weeks now. In fact, Tuesdays are my designated weigh in days every week. I work 3rd shift, so I won't weigh in until later today but after 8 week I lost 31 pounds which makes me feel great! I did a 3 day body cleanse when I first started and I lost 10 pounds in those 3 days. It's so great to hear someone else having great success. Keep up the good work and hope to see those pounds melt away for you in the upcoming days/weeks/months =)
  • Cheylaing
    Options
    Thats amazing...i started scottish slimmers few months back an thought losing 6lb was great...my leader also said its fine to lose that much weight in first week as long as you havent been under eating to much,but thats an amazing boost for ya..great going x x
  • finnsgma
    finnsgma Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! My first weigh-in is in an hour and I am really anxious about it- worried it will only be a pound or two and I want to keep motivated. I really do not like stepping on the scale :)
  • tannjam
    tannjam Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    great job!!!! keep up the hard work:smile:
  • Laura_beau
    Laura_beau Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Well done!

I have re-started my plan after a festive break, and I have also lost 11lbs in just over a week- and 3 inches from my waist!!

It is probably mostly water weight, and will slow down to a steady 1-2lb per week loss. But congrats!!
  • Mummsy
    Mummsy Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Wowzers! Totally jealous and seriously proud of you!
  • squishycow7
    squishycow7 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    holy macaroni!

I think my 1st weigh-in was maybe TOPS 1lb! Good job! Even if it's mostly water weight, it's still something :) Keep it up.
  • Natz_20
    Natz_20 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Thanks to everyones support have been at work so not had a chance to reply!!!

Thank you to everyone!!! I really didnt expect to lose that much just thought it would maybe be 2 or 3 never 11 so was so convinced it was wrong that I weighed myself again for confirmation hahahaha!!

Please feel free to add me as the more friends the more support between us all!!!

Thank you again and good luck to everyone!!! :bigsmile:

Natz xx

14696887.png
  • Kayla165
    Kayla165 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Omg! that is amazing however I do agree that is a little fast.