1 Pork Tenderloin
2 tsp Sage
2 tsp Rosemary
2 tsp Thyme
2 tsp Marjoram
2 tsp Garlic
2 tsp Roasted Red Pepper
Salt and Pepper to taste

3 Red Apples, cored and chunked (1” cubes)
1 Red Onion, Chunked (1” cubes)
2 Tbsp Brown Sugar

½ Cup Apple Juice
½ Cup Maple Syrup

Combine all spices. Rub on surface of pork, cover and refrigerate 6-8 hours, or overnight. Place roast in pan. Mix apples, onions, and brown sugar. Place around roast. Mix apple juice and maple syrup. Pour over roast. Cook in oven at 325* for 1 ½-2 hours (1/2 hr per lb). You can also place in slow cooker on low heat for approximately 8 hours. Serve with garlic mashed potatoes.

1/5 of roast: 288 calories, 4.7 g of fat, 53.7 g of cholesterol, 75.3 mg of sodium, 558 g of potassium, 43.2 g of carbohydrates, 19.6 g or protein, 3.3 g of dietary fiber, and 18.8 g of sugar.

Replies

• Tanya761
    Tanya761 Posts: 146
    Options
    This recipe is absolutely awesome!

Ingredients
    1 Pork Tenderloin
    2 tsp Sage
    2 tsp Rosemary
    2 tsp Thyme
    2 tsp Marjoram
    2 tsp Garlic
    2 tsp Roasted Red Pepper
    Salt and Pepper to taste

3 Red Apples, cored and chunked (1” cubes)
    1 Red Onion, Chunked (1” cubes)
    2 Tbsp Brown Sugar

½ Cup Apple Juice
    ½ Cup Maple Syrup

Combine all spices. Rub on surface of pork, cover and refrigerate 6-8 hours, or overnight. Place roast in pan. Mix apples, onions, and brown sugar. Place around roast. Mix apple juice and maple syrup. Pour over roast. Cook in oven at 325* for 1 ½-2 hours (1/2 hr per lb). You can also place in slow cooker on low heat for approximately 8 hours. Serve with garlic mashed potatoes.

1/5 of roast: 288 calories, 4.7 g of fat, 53.7 g of cholesterol, 75.3 mg of sodium, 558 g of potassium, 43.2 g of carbohydrates, 19.6 g or protein, 3.3 g of dietary fiber, and 18.8 g of sugar.
  • MattySparky
    MattySparky Posts: 771
    Options
    mmm thanks for sharing that one! I love pork loin and haven't had it since I went moose hunting last october. Can you tell me for those calories how big of a pork loin that serving (1/5 of loin) comes from so that I can make it fairly close? Thanks!
  • bj2007
    bj2007 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy!! :tongue:
  • benw
    benw Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I love Pork Loin but pork has so many caleries
  • Heather125
    Heather125 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    yum thanks I'll try this one
  • Tanya761
    Tanya761 Posts: 146
    Options
    Honestly I am not too sure how big the loin was, as I bought a bulk pack of 5 at Costco. It was pretty average size I guess. I didn't think it was too bad in calories, as that is taking into consideration eating the apples and onions, which I didn't. I paired it with 1/2 cup low-cal garlic mashed potatoes and steamed broccoli and cauliflower. The final meal total was only 438.
  • mutkin
    mutkin Posts: 109
    Options
    I'm saving this one. Thx!