cheap sports bras uk?

Options

Replies

• mandylooo
    mandylooo Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    M&S or Next. The former will be better quality.
  • mousepaws22
    mousepaws22 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I needed one quickly last week and bought this one from M & S for £22:

http://www.marksandspencer.com/Extra-Impact-Underwired-Racerback-Sports/dp/B004F3R1P0?ie=UTF8&ref=sr_1_1&nodeId=52459031&sr=1-1&qid=1326810532&pf_rd_r=1A6QFW97KKE23280YSDY&pf_rd_m=A2BO0OYVBKIQJM&pf_rd_t=301&pf_rd_i=0&pf_rd_p=215485807&pf_rd_s=center-3

It holds these puppies firmly in place , hardly any bounce and no chafing

^
    These are the ones that I have- I still get quite a bit of bounce but I find them confortable and actually better than the Shock Absorber ones I used to have.
  • Jain
    Jain Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    You all were too quick for me. Shock Absorber's are the BEST!

This. Worth paying the extra for,
  • chuckvivian
    Options
    I'm thinking buy some cheap sport bra from China taobao: http://www.smalltao.com/product/14213173802/taobao. This one is £5 cheaper than that one in ebay. But i just consider the quality of this bra, cus i have read from a book that when you are doing sports, your breast need to take breath. It can keep balance when your bra is fit for you. So i just think about buy something cheap but good quality!!
  • jockrobin
    Options
    You can also get the female vest running sports bra follow Taobao agent:
    http://www.buychina.com/products/14213173802
    Can be paid by Paypal, Visa and CreditCard
  • jeanniebspurs
    jeanniebspurs Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I bought a fantastic Shock Absorber one from Littlewoods, but I know DW sell them too. Mine cost around £35 in the sale which is on the pricey side I guess, but I have a large bust and small back so need all the support I can get! I've had cheaper ones in the past and they've just not cut the mustard - it's better to buy one that's a bit pricey and will do the job it's supposed to do and last for a long time, than a cheap one that doesn't work. Invest now and it'll pay dividence in the long term :-)
    [/
    quote]

Exactly this!!
  • mirandamayhem
    Options
    I also wear shocker absorber ones and they are quite pricey (£25-30). M& S have some and so do next. I havent tried them though. x

I have loads of shock absorbers as used to work for wonderbra, and we'd get a monthly bra allowance!:drinker:
    But I don't work there anymore, and don't know what I'll do when my boobs shrink!!

LOVE shock absorbers. So durable and worth every penny imo.

Wonderbra do have stores in some of those discount outlet villages, I don't know where though now.
  • sandrajune72
    Options
    They have a pack of 2 in Asda for about £12 I think. Not sure if they're any good sorry, I have a Freya one from Simply yours.
  • sa11yjane
    sa11yjane Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    I bought my daughter one from M&S the other day for £12 and she really likes it and says that it's really comfortable
  • oohmercyme
    oohmercyme Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Sainsbury's has some good ones. Sometimes you can get deals online at Figleaves.
  • deagh93
    deagh93 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    American here, but I get my bras from the UK, as it is nearly impossible to find my size here. I have a Shock Absorber that I got from BraStop (they are a UK company, but ship to the US for free!) I paid about 25 GBP for mine, and I love that thing.
  • Carfoodel
    Carfoodel Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    If you are losing a lot of weight and don't want to spend a fortune on bra's that won't fit you for long or you go to the gym a lot so it becomes very onerous trying to get the bra's washed n dried in time for the next session, I have a couple of decent shock absorber bra's and inbetween I just double up - wearing 2 bras does the trick

I buy bra's in asda as they are pretty but so cheap they don't last - but when the underwire does (inevitably) come out, it goes in the pile of ones to double up with - I am quite chesty (38F) but double bra's do the trick, one underwired and one (used to be) underwired. I will spend my big money on high quality bra's when I have lost my weight, so this is my compromise :)
  • witchy_wife
    witchy_wife Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I'm a double D and nothing seems to hold mine in place. I have the shock absorber one and I still find too much bounce :( But I jog on the treadmill at home so literally just hold them in place when I am jogging lol. Makes a huge difference to how out of breath I get.
  • mirandamayhem
    Options
    I'm a double D and nothing seems to hold mine in place. I have the shock absorber one and I still find too much bounce :( But I jog on the treadmill at home so literally just hold them in place when I am jogging lol. Makes a huge difference to how out of breath I get.

Shock Absorber have many different styles. I'd recommend getting fitted for a sports bra in the same way you'd get fitted for any other bra. If you'd been properly fitted you would have found one where there wasn't too much bounce.
  • LottieLou13
    LottieLou13 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I've got 2 Lonsdale ones from Sports Direct, I've only been doing strength training so far but they have been brilliant for me. I will have a look into the other ones suggested though because I want to do some HIIT very soon
  • Lu_88
    Lu_88 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Sports direct
  • Lu_88
    Lu_88 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Also thought id mention i brought a puma 1 from sports direct and it costs £15 and works wonders. My boobs are an E
  • chooriyah
    chooriyah Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    This G-cup girl loves her M&S one. Not underwired and still very supportive considering the ridiculous size my grandmother gifted me - thanks nan ):

They don't seem to sell the same one anymore (not online at any rate) but it is similar to this one: http://www.marksandspencer.com/Extra-High-Impact-Non-Wired-Sports/dp/B0031AR8DI?ie=UTF8&ref=sr_1_5&nodeId=47598031&sr=1-5&qid=1347873348&pf_rd_r=07PHDC0TZW1DE8DFCMWD&pf_rd_m=A2BO0OYVBKIQJM&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_i=47598031&pf_rd_p=321381387&pf_rd_s=related-items-3
  • susiemou
    susiemou Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I have the shock absorber made specifically for running and it's amazing! Taken me years to find one that really works. i use it for high impact (netball) as well and it is brilliant. worth every penny even tho i bought it at full price. There are some things it's not worth scrimping on, or all you youngsters are going to regret it later!
  • HelenDootson
    HelenDootson Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    lessbounce.com is awesome. It has a selector for your needs and always has special offers. £5 off Shock Absorber (the brand I swear by to keep the girls tamed) and Panache at the moment.

In my experience the ones with enough support never come cheap!

I am a larger person and I found this website fantastic, their advice was spot on too - Not overly cheap though.
    M & S have more run of the mill sizes and they look like they would do the job at half the price.
    My Shock Absorber was not up to the job and the clasps broke :(