Help! not a morning person but its my only time.

Options
Does anyone out there have any tips or ideas on how to become a morning person? I can't fit my work out in durning the day. I try to get up early and do it in the morning before the kids get up and I feel like I don't get a good work out cause Im tired and yawning through the whole thing. ANY advice. I use to do it at night before I had three kids but now I'm so exhausted by the time I get them in bed I just crash. SO frustrated. I have been trying to get back to a routine for months now but since i can't find a good time to work out I'm hitting a brick wall.

Replies

• Viktor_JL
    Options
    I used to be the same! But for a week I set my alarm early. Spent half hour drifting around the house. Ate an apple, drank lots of water and by the time i needed to do exercise I was wide awake.

It did take me a few weeks, but it eventually just became the norm for me :) Going to be a little earlier, even if its only half an hour helps heaps!

Good luck
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    All I can see is it gets easier. In college I would routinely oversleep and miss my first class of the morning...at 2PM.

Today, 6 years later, I woke up at 0420 this morning to catch the train into work.
  • stormy213
    stormy213 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I set my alarm for 3 am and allow a few snoozes so that I am gradually waking up and ready to go by 3:45 (have to do it this early since I have to be at work at 6). The key for me is going to bed at a reasonable hour (8:30 or 9). If I happen to stay up later it's not as easy.

IMO once you do it for a while it becomes your schedule. I often wake up right before my alarm goes off now. Good luck!