New with calorie shifting question and others

Options
HI,

I have recently joined but I have been counting calories for awhile.

I would like to lose 55 pounds. I have ALWAYS struggled with my weight.

A few months ago I started to run and have completed 3 5ks since:) I enjoy running and try to 5 times a week. Eventually I will add strength training.

My calories are set for 1850, with 1 1lb weight loss.

We are a whole food eating family. I steer away from "light" foods due to the junk that they put in there. We do not eat processed foods and we make most all of our foods from scratch so that we know what goes into them.

I weigh EVERY gram that goes into my mouth. I drink tons of water, one cup of coffee in the morning and a beer here or there in the evening...all is added in.

I lose weight very slowly. I have been doing a calories shifting that was suggested by a friend that has lost quite a bit of weight but it does not seem to work for me. If you are not familiar it is taking the total calories for a week and dividing those up into 3 low days (1600s), three middle days (1900s) and one high day (2500) (those numbers may be slightly off, I have been doing it awhile and my numbers have changed frequently). Anyway the point to it is to keep your body guessing about how many calories you will eat and it boosts your metabolism....well not mine:)

I did WW and they do not allow enough calories, so it did not work for me.

Do others do any sort of shifting? Do you tweak your total calories in any way?

Should I eat all of my exercise calories?

Any other suggestions?

Replies

• monkeyfeetx2
    Options
    also, does everyone agree with my calorie limit for each day? I get lots of different numbers depending on what site I am on. The range has been from 1450-2650 (this is without shifting, so my actual total to lose 1 lb/week).
  • monkeyfeetx2
    Options
    bump
  • kateroot
    kateroot Posts: 435
    Options
    Need to know a few things before I can answer your questions. Are you male or female? What's your current height/weight, and activity level?
  • monkeyfeetx2
    Options
    Sure:)

Female, 37 years old, 228 pounds, 5'6" and I would like to get to 175 and if that happens then I will re-evaluate then:)

I run 4 to 5 times a week for 45 minutes. Other than that then not too active other than chasing after little ones in my home. So I put "light active."