Starting 30 day Shred today

Options
Hi everyone,
I am starting the 30 day shred today and was wondering who else has done it and if you had good results. Any reviews?

Replies

• stefy12
    Options
    I have been doing 30 day Shred for about 2 weeks. I have noticed that my jeans are fitting a little looser. I will be doing Day 3 of Level 2 tomorrow. You can do this!
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    A bit of advice, Jillian has stated that it is NOT meant to be done everyday, but lots of people think they need to do it for 30 days straight. Many people, myself included experienced knee pain when doing it everyday, it's jsut too high impact for some. You always need a rest day. I combined 30 DS 3x a week with walking and had great results. My butt is more firm and a bit nicer, my legs got amazingly toned and my arms as well. You'll see results for sure!
  • nichole1027
    nichole1027 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I am going to start 30 day shred today as well. :-)
  • lillsmitty
    Options
    My husband is on his way home from Walmart with mine. I cannot wait. I have been doing Jillians 6 weeks to a 6 pack and butt and things. I love her workouts. Hoping the 30 Day Shred is as successful for me as I have seen it has been for others.
  • amkelley
    Options
    I think I lost about 5 pounds the first time I did the 30 day shred. If you can get in some walking in your day too, you may see better results. The weeks I was able to walk for 20-30 minutes in addition to the video I lost more weight. I lost inches too, I could tell by my clothes, but I didnt measure myself. I suggest taking measurements! I stopped before the holidays because of lack of time and effort, but I just started back today. It feels good!
  • Fit2Fifty
    Options
    @amkelley - Do you have a resource you can share which explains how to properly measure yourself?
  • mauigyrl
    mauigyrl Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    This is my 3rd attempt. 1st and 2nd I stopped both bc I got really sick. So I am now on 30DS L1D5. I feel a difference in my abs. Looking forward to seeing what day 10 brings.
  • RockIn12
    Options
    I just started today. Completely kicked my *kitten*. She is insane!! Looking forward to tomorrows!
  • MrsCupCakeBoyle
    MrsCupCakeBoyle Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    hey im doing day 4 level 2 of the 30day shred and ive already lost 5lbs
    in the 2 weeks
  • fimary
    fimary Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    My copy arrived in post today to have done D1L1, looking forward to day 10, yes my knees hurt as well, and i dont normally have any trouble with them. Feel ok now, wait til morning, is it best to do 3 days 1 day rest or alternate days?
  • KellieDaigle
    KellieDaigle Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Do you know if you need any special equipment for the shred workouts? weights, medicine ball, etc? Thanks! And good luck :D
  • netsirk12
    netsirk12 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Today is my day 4. Feel free to add me :)
  • MrsCupCakeBoyle
    MrsCupCakeBoyle Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Do you know if you need any special equipment for the shred workouts? weights, medicine ball, etc? Thanks! And good luck :D
    You need some Hand weights x
  • phatsoslim
    phatsoslim Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    It's excellent! I did it last summer and I lost inches and weight. I am currently doing it again right now I am on Day 5 of Level 2.

If this is your first time...your first 3 days will be the toughest. Push through it, even if you can't sit down or walk down stairs properly after the second day. That soreness you will feel is from working hard and pushing yourself. That soreness will pass as you get stronger. Have fun with it.

Just Shred It!
  • Ilovedrinkingtea
    Ilovedrinkingtea Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I started back on it yesterday, I'm picking up where I left off before Xmas on level two, add me if you like!xx
  • feltogirl
    Options
    I just bought this at the grocery store on Friday and was planning to start yesterday, but I'm sick with a sinus infection. Let us know how it goes!

Steph/feltogirl
  • GreekByMarriage
    GreekByMarriage Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I did day 1 yesterday and my ankle is killing me! However, I did sprain it about 2 months ago... I am taking a rest day today and will see how I feel later... I may just go to the gym tomorrow morning and do the elliptical instead. I will tell you this... you may not feel sore right after you do the video, but BOY do I feel it today! I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to keep going with it but I am afraid my ankle is not strong enough for the impact (she has you doing alot of jumping-jacks, jump rope (without the rope), and kick-backs - which there is NO way I can do!)

Any advice from those who have done it... What can I "sub" in for the cardio parts that I cannot do because of my ankle?
  • traci2612
    Options
    I just started mine today. It is a butt kicker!! I have done all sorts of workouts, including P90x.. this one is FANTASTIC!! I was sweating like crazy about half way through!! To answer one of the questions on here...all you need is weights and a mat (if you are on a hard floor).
  • staceycamp
    staceycamp Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone,
    Another question...How are you tracking it on the exercise tracker?
  • staceycamp
    staceycamp Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone,
    Another question...How are you tracking it on the exercise tracker?

I look forward to doing it with all of you.