Personal trainer...

So, I've been eating healthy and training hardcore for the past four months. I've lost 60lbs but would still like to lose another 30/40. I feel like I need an extra boost and wondered if it would be a good idea to get a personal trainer. I'm not sure if it's worth it b/c I have done ok by myself but I feel like getting a trainer might take my fitness to a whole new level and help drop the pounds quicker. Very inexperienced in this area so any help or advice that you guys could give me would be grrrrreat!!

Replies

• brandyk77
    brandyk77 Posts: 605 Member
    Yes, try it.
  • I think it gives you some accountability and also someone to bounce ideas off of. I went 8 months last year and lost 80 pounds by myself. But, I felt that to take it to the next level I need some advice on nutrition and different types of fitness techniques. I can't say that I have lost more with a personal trainer, but I am more healthy. My core is much stronger and I have a better understanding of nutrition. So it is going to depend on what you feel you need to get to the next level and from what I have heard it gets harder to get those last pounds down as you get closer to your final goal.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,908 Member
    Being a trainer, I get to see "regulars" come in for a year or two and see many not have little to no change in their physiques in that time. Our job is to create programs that we know will help people like that achieve their ultimate goals.
    There will be a time that one will stall or plateau with their weight loss. That's usually a great time to have someone with knowledge in that area to help push past it.
    Get a free 30 min session to see if you like the trainer you choose. It does make a difference.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition