I want to wear a bikini this summer.. stretch marks!

Hi everyone!

A question for anyone who has lost weight.

I am 21 and I'm 5ft 3 and weight 12 stone at the moment. I am hoping to lose around nearly 3 stone by around august. I've never worn a bikini before as I have stretch marks on my stomach, hips and back! The marks are very old which I got around puberty so they are quite blended in to my skin... I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to for once wear a bikini and not be the girl covered up on holiday!

So I was just wondering... has anyone else had their first time bikini experience?? Has anyone had issues with saggy skin or stretch marks and know any good ways to cover them?

Also I have heard you can get new stretch marks when losing weight? I've never got any from losing weight before, has anyone else??

I HATE THEM! :'(

Replies

• Bio Oil is good, but I use Palmers Cocoa Butter for mums to be, I'm not one but it is fab at helping them fade, it smells fantastic and it makes your skin really soft.
  • lesteidel
    lesteidel Posts: 229 Member
    Don't make such an effort to hide loose skin or stretch marks. Most women, even those who have not lost a whole bunch of weight (Remember having children causes them too.) have them. Trust me. That loose skin, those stretch marks, they are waay more visible to you than they are to other people. Be proud of your achievements and your body, and remember there is nothing better to boost a persons attractiveness than a good dose of confidence :)
  • I agree that many of us women (particularly ones like me who have had kids) have stretch marks and loose skin. I had twins and have the unfortunate "twin skin" that comes from my stomach getting so, so big as it accommodated two little human beings and I have stretch marks.

I wear a bikini. I get high quality suits that have cuts that are a bit higher up on my stomach (not granny though). Look for bikinis that have the little flap of patterned fabric at the very top of the brief part.

This is my favorite one that I own:

http://www.swimnsport.com/swimnsport/dept.asp?s_id=0&dept_name=Bleu+|+Rod+Beattie+Swimwear+Bright+Bandeau+and+Shirred+Hipster&dept_id=7208

It does a good job of hiding that little pooch.

You will look fabulous and everyone will notice all of your awesome, sexy parts and not your stretch marks.
  • Tenoreo90
    Tenoreo90 Posts: 329 Member
    I agree that many of us women (particularly ones like me who have had kids) have stretch marks and loose skin. I had twins and have the unfortunate "twin skin" that comes from my stomach getting so, so big as it accommodated two little human beings and I have stretch marks.

I wear a bikini. I get high quality suits that have cuts that are a bit higher up on my stomach (not granny though). Look for bikinis that have the little flap of patterned fabric at the very top of the brief part.

This is my favorite one that I own:

http://www.swimnsport.com/swimnsport/dept.asp?s_id=0&dept_name=Bleu+|+Rod+Beattie+Swimwear+Bright+Bandeau+and+Shirred+Hipster&dept_id=7208

It does a good job of hiding that little pooch.

You will look fabulous and everyone will notice all of your awesome, sexy parts and not your stretch marks.

That is SO CUTE! I'll have to save this...even when I was much thinner (120 lb) I ALWAYS have a little pooch! :[