What MFP has done for me!!

Options
oberon0124
oberon0124 Posts: 10,527 Member
I have copied a post from my page from yesterday. Yesterday was a very special day in my world folks as you will read below. I would have or could have not done this without all the support , friendship and love that I have recieved in my MFP journey from friends past and present. Here is my post,

I had a couple of victories today! One scale and one not. After working out I like to sit in the sauna and relax in the heat and steam for a while. Today a friend that I have know for well over ten years came into the sauna and started up a conversation. I had not seen this friend for about a year and it was great to chat!, As we chatted it became evident that this friend did not know who he was talking to. He finally said that my voice sounded familiar and I said it should. I have been your friend for over ten years!! He then looked at me close and said, Don is that you, I said yes Phil it is. He then went on to say I did not recognize you and then asked if I was ok. I said yes that I had been doing a lifestyle change he smiled!! Then my friends my other is scale related. I now weigh less than I have for twenty five years. When I stepped off the scale I was crying at WW meeting that I go to. My friends my adult children have never seen me at this weight!!! I am a very happy emotionally wrecked person!!! This is a blessed day for sure. And I must add that each and every one of you have helped me attain this feat, Thank you all so very much!!!

So my friends with the assistance of all my friends and a little will power this site and you have changed my life!!! Thank you all so very much!!!

Replies

• czechsmate
    czechsmate Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Best story ever!!! We love you Don and I just might add you are one of my most supportive friends...your support and motivation makes me smile everyday! XOXO
  • monroe61
    monroe61 Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    This is truly amazing! Congrats on all your hard work it has paid off for sure!!!
  • futuresize8
    futuresize8 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    That is incredible...to have someone not recognize you! I keep trying to imagine what I'll look like when I reach my goal...your story is inspiring!
  • Secret_Agent_007
    Options
    Thats fantastic! I'm so happy for you. Something tells me the next part of your journey might be a little easier and more fun. :smile: It's nice to reap the rewards of some hard work. Enjoy it and remember to smell the flowers.
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    That's awesome (both stories)! Congratulations on your success!
  • sarahstoltman
    Options
    oh my gosh you are such an inspiration! I cried reading your post. Great job!!! I cant imagine how your feeling right now :)
  • littleenginethatcan
    Options
    Great story! Congratulations on your success!
  • Butterfly3730
    Options
    Wonderful Story! Congrats and thanks for sharing it! Very inspirational.
  • CDresp
    CDresp Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    What a blessing to have such great support on a truly challenging effort. Congratulations!!!!
  • dirtyhalos
    dirtyhalos Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    awesome!! congratulations
  • KandieLantz
    KandieLantz Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    What an amazing story... thank you for sharing it... it had me in tears!
  • jessica091303
    jessica091303 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing! What an inspiration!
  • RondoodooLamby
    RondoodooLamby Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Such an amazing story ! :)) You're an inspiration for all of us.
  • brandyosu
    brandyosu Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    That's so awesome. Very, very happy for you...and what an inspiration!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!