dieting & gas

Options
It seems as if I have been bloated & in terrible pain since starting this diet. I have given up several healthy foods to no avail. Are there different kinds of fiber? Am I doing something wrong? For every pound I lose I gain back in hot air.

Replies

• angelngirlz
    Options
    It seems as if I have been bloated & in terrible pain since starting this diet. I have given up several healthy foods to no avail. Are there different kinds of fiber? Am I doing something wrong? For every pound I lose I gain back in hot air.
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    Funny you say that. Read my post "I smell like sewer".:happy:
  • BxMom
    BxMom Posts: 363
    Options
    We all have gone through this at one point or another
    smiley-fart006.gif

It will pass but it does take time for your body to adjust and rid it's of all the toxins we have put into it.

I hear that using Beano before all your meals helps reduce the amount of gas.
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    Did you increase your fiber drastically?? If so that could be your problem- Let me give an example if before you decided to do this you were only eating 10g of Fiber and then you decided to eat more fiber and you started taking in the recomended fiber of 25g- Everything would/could backfire and cause you to bloat with gas and possible constipation-

Fiber needs to be increased gradually to the daily amount of fiber 25-30 grams-

Also get your fiber from the right foods not just prepackaged foods- I gave up Fiber Ones because they gave horrible gas and not to mention they were packed with sugar-
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    Nothing helped me...and it's been almost 2 years of being gassy and stinky.:sick:
  • angelngirlz
    Options
    Have no idea what my intake was before of course lol. Maybe it is the power bars I've been thinking of drinking my protein anyway there are just too many carbs in the bars. I'll def switch them now. Thanks for the advice.
    I eat oatmeal every morning but always have then a grapefruit 2 hrs later an apple or pear couple hrs after that then a power bar before I run and a healthy dinner. Is that too much?
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    oh goodness...not another gas thread-- hotmom-- no-no! :laugh:
  • schubele
    schubele Posts: 20
    Options
    Wow, that's funny because I have the opposite effect, especially when I am limiting my carbs. Although I also have thyroid disease and my body doesnt seem to process carbs like other people. So when I am on a low carb diet, regardless of the amount of fiber I take in I don't seem to have that problem at all.
  • atodaro
    atodaro Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Some foods are more likely to cause gas. Beans, brocolli, cauliflower, artichokes, to name a few. Also if you are eating alcohol sugars found in diet candies they are especially bad. My body adjusts to the veggies eventually but it can't handle the alcohol sugars. Luckily I found stevia and put it in my plain yogurt with vanilla when I need something sweet.