Any other Asian ladies out there?

Any other Asian gals feel it's unfair that we have short frames + incredible societal pressure to be thin + awesome food?

Grr!

Replies

• Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    I am Asian :)
  • yulinerinwang
    yulinerinwang Posts: 36 Member
    Haha tell me about it. It's even harder if you have a big frame/ lots of muscles. I just gave up to the rediculous social pressure to be thin, LoL. Strong is the new thin!
  • The culture is part of why I re-joined MFP... I'm Filipino, just got back from vacation in the Philippines. Traveling when you're heavy is just no fun whatsoever. Our culture tells us that petite is "right"...

I've been heavy all of my life. I'm not trying to get crazy small, just healthy. On my next trip to the Philippines, I want to feel good in my own skin, I want to travel comfortably, and I don't want to feel held back my my size. :-/
  • alexandria412
    alexandria412 Posts: 177 Member
    Thanks so much for replying, all!

yulinerinwang - If that's you in your photo, then I am seriously, seriously envious!

dimplez - I know how you feel. I'm Korean and Korean culture also stresses being really thin. What drives me crazy is that it seems like so many other Korean women don't even have to try. I see so many tiny girls eating fried tofu, white rice, and sweet sauces and it makes me bonkers!