getting the urge...

Options
I wonder if anyone else has this problem.

Basically had my lunch at work - nice and healthy and I was happy and satisfied with it. Then I had to clear up after a meeting and there was basically trays of food left which I had to take back to the office to share.

Now even though I was already full from my lunch I still had 3 chicken fillets, brie and cranberry on a stick and a prawn thing (though by the way that last one is repeating already between you and me it may not be a problem for long...)

so now I'm stuck feeling fool and heavy and annoyed at myself for doing so.

i didn't NEED it but I felt I HAD to have it.

anyone else get that, or have ways to say 'NO' other than just turning away.

Replies

• knovello82
    knovello82 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I go through this a lot at work. We had a tacco party yesterday and I stuck to 2 taccos with no cheese, fair enough. Of course someone brought in cupcakes, so I resisted & had my Fiber One bar instead, but by 3pm I couldn't take it anymore & had the darn cupcake. I know it's not a huge deal, especially since I made it to the gym after words, but I really hate it when I can't resist that urge!
  • anthony438
    anthony438 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, been there. I think it's due to the combination of 2 of my favorite things:

1) Free
    2) Food

It seems I have about a 50/50 success rate at turning it down.
  • chocciechip
    chocciechip Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, been there. I think it's due to the combination of 2 of my favorite things:

1) Free
    2) Food

LOL this is EXACTLY my problem. Those two words are so hard to resist and the combination.......bah!
  • belgerian
    belgerian Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    I even have this problem at home like when the kids want some ice cream and there done and dont eat all of it I would say 50 percent of the time it gets washed down the sink and you know where it gots the other times. Then unfortunantly that causes those darn cravings and one spoonfull turns into a bowl.
  • nikki_e88
    Options
    I go through this a lot. I did it last night actually. I try to drink water to replace the need to eat the food. But sometimes i don't and i really struggle at saying no. So good luck no real good tips other then try to avoid the food thats nagging me lol
  • dsak
    dsak Posts: 367 Member
    Options

1) Free
    2) Food

LOL this is EXACTLY my problem. Those two words are so hard to resist and the combination.......bah!

Same here.... my downfall is going to birthday parties with my kids... UGH... I snack and have to have cake or cupcakes!
  • chocciechip
    chocciechip Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    fortunately I can resist the cupcakes as I'm gluten intolerant (sometimes half a one passes my lips) was at a party at the weekend and because I couldn't eat the cake my friend just gave me a bowl of the icing....had a good few spoonfuls then realised I was eating literally spoonfuls of fat and sugar and stopped. was good though ;-)
  • emmaruns
    emmaruns Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I work from home and was realizing that I would get the urge to snack around 3pm. Not hungry since I eat lunch around 1-1:30, just "eaty". About 2 weeks ago, started taking a preemptive walk at 3 before the urge hits. Worked like a charm and my actual snack hunger came in at 4.

So I guess my suggestion is a planned distraction. A walk is great, but figure out what time it might happen and plan something different.
  • megmay2591
    megmay2591 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    This just happened to me today!! My boyfriend and I were out getting some things we needed, and we were both really hungry when we left the store. Well, there is a McDonalds right next to the store, and I gave in to it and ordered a meal. I should have just stuck with a kids meal, but nope, I got a Big Mac meal with a coke.

I felt guilty about it after, but now I've done my workout for the day and my body is a little achy, so I feel much better about it. I can't give into that temptation again!