SBF2: Reboot! Join us!. . .March 16

Options
Hi All,

Today is our official "re-boot". Because I'm a nerd, I'm excited about this. Anyone who needs a fitness/lifestyle goal group, please join us. We're nice. (SBF= Stronger, Better, Faster.):wink:

Well, I'm up early because my husband (who is turning into quite the insomniac) woke me up at 5 to help set the cat free. She had found an empty kleenex box and got her head stuck in it. It was hilarious and scary at the same time. Poor thing, she was really mad about it.

Today, my intentions are: hydrate, eat my packed lunch (I'm going to have to get pretty creative, as I'm running low on lunchbox snacky food), and go to Bikram. I'm having a little bit of 'to Bikram or not to Bikram' debate in my head. I've decided that I'm going to go teach and re-assess how I'm feeling. If I feel OK, I'm going. Yesterday morning/afternoon I felt great (even pushed it at the gym) and then last night felt sick again. I've been told that the illness sort of comes and goes for anywhere up to three months. (Follow-up call from my doctor. He is so my new doctor, as he called me to see how I was doing. Unprompted. :noway: Wow. Bonus: his office is directly across the street.)

So, Bikram at 5:30, hydrate, and multivitamin (I keep forgetting to take it.)

Take care of yourselves!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

Today is our official "re-boot". Because I'm a nerd, I'm excited about this. Anyone who needs a fitness/lifestyle goal group, please join us. We're nice. (SBF= Stronger, Better, Faster.):wink:

Well, I'm up early because my husband (who is turning into quite the insomniac) woke me up at 5 to help set the cat free. She had found an empty kleenex box and got her head stuck in it. It was hilarious and scary at the same time. Poor thing, she was really mad about it.

Today, my intentions are: hydrate, eat my packed lunch (I'm going to have to get pretty creative, as I'm running low on lunchbox snacky food), and go to Bikram. I'm having a little bit of 'to Bikram or not to Bikram' debate in my head. I've decided that I'm going to go teach and re-assess how I'm feeling. If I feel OK, I'm going. Yesterday morning/afternoon I felt great (even pushed it at the gym) and then last night felt sick again. I've been told that the illness sort of comes and goes for anywhere up to three months. (Follow-up call from my doctor. He is so my new doctor, as he called me to see how I was doing. Unprompted. :noway: Wow. Bonus: his office is directly across the street.)

So, Bikram at 5:30, hydrate, and multivitamin (I keep forgetting to take it.)

Take care of yourselves!:flowerforyou:
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,696 Member
    Options
    Just a hi so I can find it. I will post in a while! :smile:
    MM
  • iftcheiaf
    iftcheiaf Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join. Losing my motivation here these past few days. A stronger, better, faster team is just up my alley. What are the goals or purpose? Tell me more please !
  • trenauldo
    trenauldo Posts: 235
    Options
    Hey Vivia, I'll hang out with yas. I like the SBF... That is definitely the path I'm headed down. Just started the P90X program today, so that means 90 days of focused concentration in my workouts and discipline in my nutritional habits. Encouragement can be a powerful thing... Look forward to chatting with ya.

-Tony :bigsmile:
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Welcome, iftcheiaf - we all set our own individual fitness goals for the overall challenge (this one will go until April 12th), and then post daily with our specific goals for the day so we can hold ourselves (and each other) accountable for reaching them. Most of us have a few goals that we try to reach every day or every week. Weight loss is part of it, but I think we tend to focus more on behavior (I will run 3x/week for 30 minutes, I will log my calories, I won't eat in front of the television, etc). We post everyday in a new thread, and V is right - we're nice. I always look forward to checking in on this thread to see how everyone is doing. :flowerforyou:

I am still finalizing my goals, but I think my plan will be:
    Continue the pushup challenge (3x/week + test)
    Strength training from my '12-Minute Workout' book (6x/week)
    Cardio 4x/week, including running 1x/week
    Yoga 1x/week
    Start getting ready for bed by 10PM on work nights (this is a big problem for me!)

I did my strength training this morning, and plan to get to aerobics at the gym tonight. Plus pushups, if my arms aren't too tired (I tested yesterday, and this morning was triceps, so we'll see). And I need to drink my water! :smile:

Happy workouts! :flowerforyou:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    haha that is so cute... head stuck in a kleenex box LOL :laugh:
  • iftcheiaf
    iftcheiaf Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Then here goes. I'll do my daily goals I need to do things more short term.

Get in my one hour of exercise.

Do not exceed my calories.

Drinks my 72 ounces of water.

Get at least 6 hours of sleep.

Hug each of my kids and husband for at least five minutes straight today (that's for my mental health, but it helps my physical too).

Thanks for letting me join. Hope you all have a great goal-achieved day!
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    V, I had a cat get his head stuck in a jar. He was a wild cat, so he was ungrateful when I got him out. It was kind of scary but it was also funny. Glad you got the cat out!
    Welcome SBF newbies! It's good to have some new people on here to shake things up a bit!:wink: Don't be alarmed if you are called pebbles by some of us. It's a term of endearment! :happy:
    CP, it really is good to have you back. You are an encouragement and inspiration! Everyone in SBF is great!
    Here are my goals for the challenge:
    work out 3-4X a week
    get my water in
    sweets twice a month (only)
    eat at least one fruit and one veggie a day (Maybe up it to 2 each.)
    log all my food for a month
    push ups 3X/week and finish the push up challenge!

The fruits and veggies will be easy this week I think. DH and I are doing a partial fast over lunches (just eating fruits and veggies). Please keep us in prayer as we have had a lot of people discouraging us to adopt and we are not sure if it is what we should do now (not just because of them).
    Today I am going to go for a walk (had a nice one yesterday) and work upper body, and of course all the stuff I already put.
    Have a blessed day!
    MM
  • PSUgrl921
    PSUgrl921 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I would like to join! I've been off and on for a while now ... I'll do well a couple of days then blow it but ... when I had to go up a size in work clothes which I realized this weekend I decided it's time to get on board for real. So I'm not going to set a long term goal is just to stick with it so day by day posts will be great.

For today:
    Drink my 8 glasses of water.
    Hit up the gym for 30 min to an hour.
    Rock my presentation tonight. -- I know not weight loss but still. :)
    Don't exceed my calories.
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    Rock my presentation tonight. -- I know not weight loss but still. :)
    Welcome PSU! I hope your presentation goes well! It's okay to post goals that aren't about weight loss. :wink: We're kind of a life support group as well. We often vent to each other, share our needs, ask for prayer, etc. That's why I love this group! :love: :smooched: :heart:
    MM
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,784 Member
    Options
    I'm not nice. Never have been. The rest of the pebbles are though. Welcome all y'all!

V- I had that happen to a cat too - and I took it off his head before getting the camera, dang it all.

My goals are:
    until at least the 28th of March:
    1. no sweets or sweeteners (no sugar in the coffee, etc - turns out this one is easier than I thought except when traveling and the coffee goes seriously down hill - going off on a tangent: If you eat really good, fresh food, you will not need as much sugar, salt, or oil - if you eat crap food, you will no longer be able to taste the wonderfulness of healthy food)
    2. no cow's cheese - I'm a vegetarian and it's too easy to turn healthy food into crap food by adding cow's cheese. This is more to limit the amount of cheese I eat. Goat cheese has fewer calories as well.
    3. no butter - for the same reason as cheese (though I don't ask/don't tell at restaurants)
    4. keep track of my fruit and veggie intake

After March 28th, I may allow a few desserts back in. I'm thinking 1 every 2 weeks - maybe even once a week. I think I will stay away from adding butter at home and only allow cow's cheese occasionally. The fruit and veggie thing will continue.

Fitness:
    1. whole lotta yoga - especially this week. For those that are new, I'm taking this week off to do yoga and exercise, so it's going to sound a little much. After this week: at least 3x a week of yoga
    2. continue strength training once a week.
    3. get ready for my next two bike rides: March 28th = 42 miles, April 11th = 50 miles. I should get this one concreted down - it's too vague - ride 4 hours a week (it will take me at least 4 hours to do 50 miles) - right now, I try to run one or two errands a week on my bike.
    4. continue with my walk/jog program.

Hopefully - lose a little weight. I haven't lost since last October - though I no longer count calories.

I will print out my new refrigerator chart today - this helps a lot. You print out a chart of your goals - and you check or star each one you've met. Very motivational - give it a try!

Happy, Flappy workouts!

Mary
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    I'm not nice. Never have been. The rest of the pebbles are though. Welcome all y'all!
    Whatever Mary! You are a sweetheart!
  • lotusfromthemud
    Options
    Whatever Mary! You are a sweetheart!
    seconded.

Welcome, new folks. Tony, I'll be sure to be careful with "hello, ladies.", as you aren't.:wink:
  • mammakisses
    mammakisses Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Hey i'd love to join cause having a daily goal ios important for me since the kids keep me busy.
    So I'm 180 pounds
    my goal for april 30 is to be down to 175
    My big goal is to get down to 130

Today's goal drink 8 glass of water
    Not exceed my cal
    do at least 30 min cardio (already did 30)
    do some strenght training tonight for at least 20 min (I need to increase cause I probably don't do enough)
    Find a good book so that I don't watch too much tv (any suggestions?)
    make a list of this weeks menu

Good luck!
  • yoginimary
    Options

Welcome!

What do you like? Bill Bryson is a favorite of mine and have yet to find someone that doesn't like him.

Do you want something current? Easy to read?
  • mammakisses
    mammakisses Posts: 604 Member
    Options

Welcome!

What do you like? Bill Bryson is a favorite of mine and have yet to find someone that doesn't like him.

Do you want something current? Easy to read?

I'm open to try anything. I got bored with Danielle Stelle
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Options
    Day one of Reboot:

Goals:

Stay in cals::frown: but not as bad as it could have been:tongue:
    Exersise three days a week: Not today:frown:
    Make better food choices: :smile:
    Work only 8.5 hours: :smile: but personal errands and chores made for a long day

All in all: C-

See you tomorrow

Anne
  • yoginimary
    Options
    Like the grading system Anne.

Books I like:
    non-fiction, but entertaining
    Walk in the Woods - Bill Bryson
    Into Thin Air - Jon Krakauer
    Last Chance to See - Douglas Adams

fiction
    The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay - Michael Chabon
    The Alienist - Caleb Carr
    Fluke - Christopher Moore (a little racy)
    Still Life with Woodpecker - Tom Robbins (a lot racy)
    Diamond Age - Neal Stephenson (sci-fi)

health related:
    In Defense of Food - Michael Pollan
    What to Eat - Marion Nestle
  • lotusfromthemud
    Options
    Update:

Was really exhausted after a full teaching day, and two hours of project work.

Really, really, really (that's three really's, folks) didn't want to go to Bikram. But I uttered the words "I can't miss on the first day of the re-boot" to my husband (who was then confused. . .) and went anyway.

Proud of myself now, as I met every one of my intentions for the day. :bigsmile: Now, if I can only do that for the rest of the challenge, I'll be golden.:tongue:
  • PSUgrl921
    PSUgrl921 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I got all my goals in! Yay! Drank all my water (well finishing up now) ... stayed within my calorie budget... exactly 6 short, worked out for 30 minutes, and ROCKED MY PRESENTATION! I got the position I was going for (rush chair of my fraternity for the fall!) So all in all, it was a good day. I think it helped to get up early and post my goals before the day started so my overnight goal is to get up early so that I can write on here.

Nicole