New hummus addict

Options
TuscanySun
TuscanySun Posts: 3,608 Member
OK, I tried hummus for the first time. It took me 8 weeks to work up the courage...I mean, seriously....mushed up chick peas??

Anyway, I tried the garlic, and thought...hey...thats not bad. Had it on my grilled chicken breast and red pepper sandwich on 12 grain bread.

Then....HOLY COW....I tried the roasted red pepper based on MFP notes I've seen.... I AM IN :heart: !!!

Dangerously yummy....must....have....will...power!!!

MUSHED UP CHICK PEAS ROCK!!

Anyone have suggestions for what to put it on? I cant remember what others have said. Seems to me Ritz crackers might NOT be the best choice :laugh:

Replies

• TuscanySun
    TuscanySun Posts: 3,608 Member
    Options
    OK, I tried hummus for the first time. It took me 8 weeks to work up the courage...I mean, seriously....mushed up chick peas??

Anyway, I tried the garlic, and thought...hey...thats not bad. Had it on my grilled chicken breast and red pepper sandwich on 12 grain bread.

Then....HOLY COW....I tried the roasted red pepper based on MFP notes I've seen.... I AM IN :heart: !!!

Dangerously yummy....must....have....will...power!!!

MUSHED UP CHICK PEAS ROCK!!

Anyone have suggestions for what to put it on? I cant remember what others have said. Seems to me Ritz crackers might NOT be the best choice :laugh:
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    Welcome to HA (Hummus Addicts).:laugh:

I like it on Triscuit Reduced Fat crackers. It's also yummy on a wrap!!!! You could try pita chips...Someone mentioned on another thread to use Roasted Red Pepper Hummus in place of the the yolk, mayo & mustard on Deviled Eggs! I was going to try it this weekend but didn't get around to it. But it's for sure on my to-do list!:love:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    :love: :love: Did someone say roasted red pepper hummus????

:laugh: :laugh:

Yes, another person to add to my list of people to become addicted to it!! :devil:

:wink:
  • Rachael
    Rachael Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I know...doesn't it rock???? I dip veggie sticks. Or the best is spread on grilled flatbread. Just put a little olive oil in a pan and quickly grill each side of the flat bread (like you're making a quesadilla). I don't do that very often, but olive oil is really good for you and depending on the type of flat bread you get, it's not too high in cals. Enjoy...
  • iftcheiaf
    iftcheiaf Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    I love putting it on celery because it's low cal, and crunchy taste. Reminds me of eating those fat loaded potato chips with the yummy flavors, just without all the fat. Enjoy!