Help sticking to it

Options
I start out great, my first week I was pumped and tracked everything (even if I was bad) i was doing good. Then kablooooey

I try to eat healthy and within my points. 1200 calories and I seem to be hungry or sometimes out of boredom (my work sucks at the moment) I even talk to myslef about going to the vending machine but I just can't seem to stop myself. Intellectually, I know what I needto do but emotionally I seem to be setting myself up to fail.

There is lots going on in my life but, I should be able to control this.

I think I need friends on this journey that can help me.

Namaste, Kristine

Replies

• skward04
    skward04 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :) everyone has ups and downs! Been lacking some exercise motivation myself lately
  • boa74
    boa74 Posts: 18
    Options
    It is so hard! I am home with a bad back at the moment and its so hard not to reach for the cookie jar, I am resisting though and filling up on ice lollies and sugar free jelly and lots of water. I keep imagining what it will feel like when I reach my goal and I guess no food will ever compare to that!
    Good luck!!!!!! You will do it! x
  • abradley114
    abradley114 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hi There,
    Feel free to add me and I know how that can be i used to eat our of boredom as well. I have a few tips that will decrease this.

1. Drink green tea or water
    -This will help you feel full without having those extra calories that you do not need.
    2. Eat fruit or veggies if you really are starving ( just not to many)
    -This will allow you to have food but not bad vending machine foods that are so unhealthy
    3. If you have a free moment go on www.pinterest.com and look under health & Fitness and you will see pins on there that may inspire you to stay on track.
    4. Log in EVERYDAY to MFP and when you are having trouble that day put a status up and think of all the people that are going through the same problems daily.. We are here to help and motivate so use us :)

Hope this helps and best of luck!

-Angie
  • msespresso
    msespresso Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I may have said this on your wall already (is it called a wall here in mfp?) but take some time to plan your day- plan out snacks throughout the day (approx 200 calories every 2-3 hours) to keep hunger from setting in. If you already know what your snack options are, it's less tempting to grab an 'easy' snack... because you've already prepared a healthy one!
  • dbatcostco
    Options
    Think back to the early days when we quit smoking, how hard it was . It was hard because we had to change long ingrained habits and triggers. Same thing with this. We have eating triggers besides hunger, like stress, boredom, anger and so on. We need to try to identify our triggers and be ready for them when they occur. When we quit "smoking was not an option" Now for us it must be " Cheating is not an option". This is really harder than I thought it would be as well. We are not just losing pounds, we are changing to a healthier lifestyle. So "KTD" Keep the Diet!!
    Dan