3000 calories?

Options
Ok, so i'm doing insanity. I completed week 1 twice (I did it twice cause I royally sucked the first time) and now I'm on day 2 of week 2. I still haven't lost any weight so I looked at the nutrition guide. According to thier formula I'm supposed to be eating over 3000 calories a day for weight loss. Is there any way this is right? I'm 5'7" 220lbs and about to turn 27. Just seems like a lot to me, but maybe this is why I'm not losing weight?

Replies

• wtarte
    wtarte Posts: 1
    Options
    Your BMR is 1,766 calories a day. So, unless you are VERY active, 3000 will probably end in a weight gain.

If you want decent weight loss, sticking to your BMR can be safe. Unless you don't leave bed, you will burn calories and have some weight loss. Also give you a decent caloric day so you may be more willing to stick to it.
  • mikeradio
    Options
    What activity level did you set? Normaly to maintain your weight you need 10 times your weight , so 2200 calories. If you set a high activity level then you add more calories.
  • parteegirl01
    Options
    Well, the nutrition guide says to set your activity level at high or moderately active. I used moderate to calculate it. Now of course, I have not been eating nearly 3000 calories because I've been eating the 1400 MFP set for me. But since I haven't lost any weight I was giving thought to doing it the way Insanity says to. But I don't want to gain any more weight, thats for sure!