How often do you exercise?

Options
Hello, all!

I was just wondering... how often do you exercise? I exercise 6 days a week for about 19-30 minutes, and on one of those six days I dance for 1 hour. :smile:

I mostly want to maintain my weight, but I also want to stay fit (also, losing weight would be nice lol :wink: )

Replies

• brooksaceb
    brooksaceb Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    7 days a week for about two hours except Sunday (30 minutes to an hours)

but i'm trying to lose weight
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I do an hour of Jazzercise Monday through Thursday.
    Friday I rest.
    Sat. the gym for weights and maybe a swim or elliptical.
    Sunday walk 3 miles around the local pond.
    Most days I remember to practice Yang Style Tai Chi.
    (I'm 61years old.)
  • SomeMorr
    SomeMorr Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    5-6 days a week between 30-90 minutes.
  • pixiexxgirl
    Options
    7 days a week& at least 3 hours throughout the entire day.
    Usually 2 through the afternoon then once bedtime hits I go for an hour straight before i go to sleep
  • Pete1471
    Pete1471 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    At the moment an hour, one day a week as it wrecks my body (joints) and I'm barely mobile for 36-48 hours after.
  • ChanyRae
    ChanyRae Posts: 112
    Options
    I try to do cardio 5 days a week, and strength at least 3 times a week. I'm on my feet all day at work. (in a salon)

I'm trying to maintain my weight and build lean muscle. If I miss a day because I get busy i dont stress :smile:
  • sbrooks0387
    sbrooks0387 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    i am lucky to get to the gym 3 times a week. my goal is 3-5 times a week. to do some cardio for about 30 mins and weights for about 30 mins.

i try to get out everyday for a walk either with just the dog or with the whole family. weather permitting right now. and when we are able to go out it's for 1-2 hrs.
  • scott091501
    scott091501 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    2-4 hours a day, 6 days a week. Sometimes longer on the weekend.
  • duharvalgt
    Options
    5-6 times a week an hour ish a day
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    45 minutes 4 times a week. No need to kill yourself at the gym for hours unless you want to keep doing it after you lost the weight
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    Currently I work out six days a week. I'm in my "off-season" so focusing on strength training and keeping my base swim/bike/run fitness.

I run 6 days a week (approx 33 miles a week)
    Strength Train 3 days a week (Modified SL 5x5)
    Cycle 2 days a week (approx 100 miles a week)
    Swim - not as much as I need to... although I'm working on getting back to it eventually... hopefully this week. (approx 0 meters a week) :tongue:
  • VeggieKelli
    VeggieKelli Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Every day!

I walk 50 minutes roundtrip to uni, and up to an additional 15 min if I run other errands since I have no car
    I also aim to do a minimum of 1 hour cardio and/or abwork work outs, while usually hitting the 80 or 90 minute mark

but, as others have mentioned, I'm here to lose a significant amount of weight, so I'm working hard to get there whereas, what you're doing timewise sounds about right for smaller weight loss goals/maintenance depending on what you do and how you eat. Good luck!!
  • Ariana_75
    Ariana_75 Posts: 224
    Options
    Five days a week, two muscle groups per day + abs + cardio, 75 - 90 minutes
  • medoria
    medoria Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Between 3- 5 times a week, 60 minutes/ workout.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    4-5 days/week, 30 minutes/session
  • auticus
    auticus Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    5-6 times a week. Four of those are 60-90 minute workouts. One to two are 30 minute workouts.
  • Asharee011
    Asharee011 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    7 days a week usually 45 minutes to an hour
  • susanb573
    susanb573 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I do something every day but it may be as little as going for a walk after work with my husband for half an hour or it may be as much as an hour of hard cardio.
  • chaniray
    chaniray Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    had no idea what gear was. allllrighty then.

right now 3-4 times a week for 25-45 mins with some exceptions.
  • DBiddle69
    DBiddle69 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    In my settings for maintaining purposes I am doing three days a week for 60 minutes each day. However, I have been doing four days a week at 100 minutes and I reduced my calorie intake becasue my weight kept jumping up every so often.