What pound weights do you use for 30 Day Shred?

Options
I am on L1D6. The first day I couldn't find my weights so I didn't use any. The 2nd and 3rd days I used 2 lb weights but felt I didn't feel enough "burn" in my arms. The 4th day I used 3 lb weight and thought, perfect! Well the 5th day I think my kids hid the 3lb weights so I used 5lb weights. Needless, to say I felt the "burn" but couldn't complete the strength exercises thoroughly and I had horrible form. Today I used the 2lb weights again and I paid more attention to my form...I felt a good burn, but was exhausted. I'm thinking I will stick with the 2lb weight for the duration of at least level 1. What is everyone else typically using? Should we be increasing the weight as our strength and endurance improves??? I almost feel like Day 6 was the hardest for me so far, but I don't know if it's because I really have been paying more attention to my form and trying increase the level at which I do the exercises
( doing the butt kicks a bit higher, raising the weights a bit higher when doing the lunges, squatting a bit lower, etc....) or something else. ???

Replies

• helenoftroy1
    helenoftroy1 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    I use 2.5 each hand so 5lbs overall. I was ok today, this is my second time starting it, I used bottles of water last time and cans and I couldn't move for days so I've not tried 30DS in months.

Good luck with it!