Wanting to quit every time I fail!

Options
I also have yet to meet my second goal! I really struggle with quiting once I "fail" at anything. I had set my goal to 2 pounds a week and for the last 2 weeks I haven't lost a pound. :frown: Any advice?
I am eating my calories right, but not ever working out. I know that I will have to start or I will not lose ANYTHING! But I am simply too lazy to get up early and do it! :noway: Any advice?
Also, I am nursing, and cutting back my calories these last few months have made me almost lose my milk. I have had to start supplementing a bottle a day of formula to keep the baby from starving! :cry: I am worried that if I not only watch calories, but also exercise, I will have to stop nursing altogether~~ and I would hate that!! As well as m baby would not be getting what is best for him! Any advice?
I have 20 pounds left to go!! I hav already lost all baby weight plus an extra 6 on top of that making my total: 41 pounds!

Replies

• lnhammond
    lnhammond Posts: 10
    Options
    I also have yet to meet my second goal! I really struggle with quiting once I "fail" at anything. I had set my goal to 2 pounds a week and for the last 2 weeks I haven't lost a pound. :frown: Any advice?
    I am eating my calories right, but not ever working out. I know that I will have to start or I will not lose ANYTHING! But I am simply too lazy to get up early and do it! :noway: Any advice?
    Also, I am nursing, and cutting back my calories these last few months have made me almost lose my milk. I have had to start supplementing a bottle a day of formula to keep the baby from starving! :cry: I am worried that if I not only watch calories, but also exercise, I will have to stop nursing altogether~~ and I would hate that!! As well as m baby would not be getting what is best for him! Any advice?
    I have 20 pounds left to go!! I hav already lost all baby weight plus an extra 6 on top of that making my total: 41 pounds!
  • hetipt01
    hetipt01 Posts: 32
    Options
    wow! You've already lost all the baby weight?!? Thats really awesome! You should be very very proud of yourself to accomplish that!!
    I went through the same problem, I thought that if I just kept to my calories that I would lose the weight.. WRONG! The only thing it did was make me feel depressed because I was working so hard to cut calories and still not seeing any results. I just had to simply force myself to start exercising. I hate to exercise so I try to keep it interesting. One thing I like to do is turn the T.V. over to the fitness channels and see if they have any classes going on. It takes a little bit to catch on, but its a new routine and it gets me moving. In addition to that me and my friends have workout videos that we have been trading. Those are great to do on a rainy day, and would be great for you because you could be where your baby is at.
    Good Luck girl!
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    I would say to not focus so much on the weight loss and worry more about your milk supply and eat the amount of calories you need-

You already lost your baby weight good job- so those 20lbs are from before baby correct- Well eat your calories nurse your baby and try and get a little more active- then when you are done nursing you can focus a bit more of your attention and calories to yourself- But as of right now- eat for you and your baby don't worry about the weight loss it will come off---

Also if you want to continue to count your calories- try changing your goal to .5 pounds a week- that will also up your calories more-- good luck

As far as not losing more- the last 20lbs are horrible and you have to basically fight tooth and nail for every pound.
  • thejarviclan
    thejarviclan Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    "Exercise" could be walking! It doesn't have to be hard-core, just enough to move your calorie burn up a bit. There's a chance you cut back your calories too much. You need 500 extra calories for nursing.

I successfully nursed, lost baby weight and exercised at the same time so I know it can be done! It's possible you've hit a natural growth spurt and your body may just take a few days to catch up.

Keep nursing though...adding bottles will essentially eliminate a feeding and then your body thinks you don't need that milk anymore!