Hi, I'm Alice

Options
I am in need of some serious motivation. I have slowly but surely been losing weight, but between Christmas and a January cruise I gained 8 pounds back, and can't get them moving. I know I have to get back to the basics of writing down everything I eat, exercising whenever I can, and stop making excuses!

Replies

• alicegentz
    Options
    I am in need of some serious motivation. I have slowly but surely been losing weight, but between Christmas and a January cruise I gained 8 pounds back, and can't get them moving. I know I have to get back to the basics of writing down everything I eat, exercising whenever I can, and stop making excuses!
  • réalta
    réalta Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    welcome to the site! :flowerforyou:
  • hibbler22
    hibbler22 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Welcome

This site is really great for the tools and the motivation. Good luck on your weight loss journey.
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    Writing everything down?!?! Who has time for that?

This is a great site with great tools. Use them.

I always heard that "The first step to controlling what you eat is knowing what you eat - so keep a food diary". Now I've done that before, and dropped 35 pounds back in '02 or so, but with pencil & paper and reading labels & adding up cal's by hand it was just too time consuming and a pain in the tukus and I quit doing it, then I quit paying attention, & then I gained the weight back. (Quitting smoking didn't help either)...

This program is so easy to use that I believe I'll be able to continue using the food diary and maintain my weight even after I reach my goal. That's the plan anyways,,,

Just use the food diary here and it's way easy. I eat tons & tons o'veggies & fruits and I'm rarely hungry - and when I do get hungry I eat something - just no chips or cookies (Ok, a few, once in a while :happy: ). I'd bet that if you weighed out pounds of food I'm eating more tonnage now than I was before. A peach weighs 3 ounces and has 65 calories, and a Snicker bar weighs 3 ounces and has 280 calories, and there's the secret. For me it's all about WHAT you eat, more than how much. You'll find what works for you too.

You'll get it done, and you've taken the first step. Welcome to the healthier you!!!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. I just know you will love this site if you don't already, I love it here. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, and everyone here is so nice, and friendly. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this. :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: