Do you still have Faith in the FDA after Reading This???

Options
13»

Replies

• auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    bump
  • That_Girl
    That_Girl Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    I've never trusted the FDA. They just take payouts to push the agenda of companies that are corrupt, through and through.

It's a scam.

You know they are sitting on cures for major diseases, but they won't post them because then the system will lose money for the treatments they sell.
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    I have never had faith in the FDA or any federal agency overseeing the nation's food supply, for that matter.
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    I don't think I know anyone who actually trusts them...
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    9416101.jpg
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Most of what the federal government does flops with the exception of waging war and collecting taxes.
    These they do VERY well.
  • cessnaholly
    cessnaholly Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Shweedog
    Shweedog Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    "...the company stated that the omega-3 fatty acids found in walnuts have been shown to have certain health benefits, including reduced risk of heart disease and some types of cancer."

That's a medical claim.

It's a fact about Omega-3. Not a claim about walnuts.
  • YassSpartan
    YassSpartan Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Here's another example of how amazing FDA is...... AmasingLY AWFUL

The Failure of the FDA: Why We're Still Using Antibiotics on Livestock
    http://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2012/01/the-failure-of-the-fda-why-were-still-using-antibiotics-on-livestock/251442/
  • efwolfcub
    efwolfcub Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    You aren't allowed to make certain medical claims without FDA approval. I don't see a problem with that.

THIS - in short, walnuts are NOT drugs, but if you're going to say 'clinically proven to lower cholesterol' or 'clinically proven to help erectile dysfunction / hair growth / fingernail fungus / obesity / high blood pressure / etc' then the fda has a right and a RESPONSIBILITY to say "hey, wait a minute - that's not proven. Show us your evidence or take your super walnut juice off the market"

would you prefer the alternative? People selling castor oil as "Tea party miracle tonic - guaranteed to cure absolutely anything you can thing of"

Is the FDA perfect? absolutely not. but on this - they're doing the right thing, without a doubt.